Holography Schools???

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
me_street

Holography Schools???

Post by me_street »

Hello,

I recently graduated from the School of Visual Arts in NYC. I took a class with Sam Moore at the Holocenter. I am very interested in making more holograms and learning more about the process. The universe is holographic!

Im wondering if anyone knows of any schools still teaching holography?

thanks
oroman1026

Holography Schools???

Post by oroman1026 »

Hey,

SVA class of 92 here. I pretty much got hooked when I took both Holography class as part of my Science requirement at SVA. I don't know of any "Holography Schools" per se but there are many holography studios that offer workshops. I plan on taking Frank DeFreitas workshop (Allentown, PA) as a refresher some time in the summer.
dave battin

Holography Schools???

Post by dave battin »

me_street wrote:Hello,

I recently graduated from the School of Visual Arts in NYC. I took a class with Sam Moore at the Holocenter. I am very interested in making more holograms and learning more about the process. The universe is holographic!

Im wondering if anyone knows of any schools still teaching holography?

thanks
San Moore is still teaching in nyc, if you need his number send me a PM ...........
Ed Wesly

Holography Schools???

Post by Ed Wesly »

Didn't the stuff from the Holo Center end up at Ohio State University in Columbus? Anybody know anything about what is happening there?
walschuler

Holography Schools???

Post by walschuler »

I BELIEVE Martina Mrongovius WAS GOING TO MOVE TO OHIO WITH THE EQUIPMENT, AT LEAST FOR A WHILE. DANNY BRUZA IN CALIFORNIA MIGHT OFFER A CLASS. PERHAPS COLIN MIGHT (NORTH OF SAN FRANCISCO). I OFFER CLASSES BUT ONLY AT THE SCHOOLS I TEACH AT FOR ENROLLED STUDENTS (CALARTS AND CCA). THE SCHOOL OF THE ART INSTITUTE IN CHICAGO HAS OFFERED BUT THEY ARE AT LEAST TEMPORARILY OFF THE AIR, AND COLUMBIA COLLEGE IN CHICAGO HAS OFFERED THEM TOO. YOU MIGHT TRY THE OLSONS AT LASER REFLECTIONS IN THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA.

BILL ALSCHULER
Kaveh

Holography Schools???

Post by Kaveh »

Easy on the caps lock Bill. My eyes are hurting... ;-)
Danny Bee

Holography Schools???

Post by Danny Bee »

walschuler wrote:I BELIEVE Martina Mrongovius WAS GOING TO MOVE TO OHIO WITH THE EQUIPMENT, AT LEAST FOR A WHILE. DANNY BRUZA IN CALIFORNIA MIGHT OFFER A CLASS. PERHAPS COLIN MIGHT (NORTH OF SAN FRANCISCO). I OFFER CLASSES BUT ONLY AT THE SCHOOLS I TEACH AT FOR ENROLLED STUDENTS (CALARTS AND CCA). THE SCHOOL OF THE ART INSTITUTE IN CHICAGO HAS OFFERED BUT THEY ARE AT LEAST TEMPORARILY OFF THE AIR, AND COLUMBIA COLLEGE IN CHICAGO HAS OFFERED THEM TOO. YOU MIGHT TRY THE OLSONS AT LASER REFLECTIONS IN THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA.

BILL ALSCHULER
I will be starting a class in the fall, it will be a one day 6 hour event “Wonders of Light” on holography with a gallery and live demonstrations and lectures, and showing of contest winners (I did want to say anything till it was all worked out)

Things are still being workout with Parks and Recrecation