I want to make a Full Color Hologram

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Chanwoo

Post by Chanwoo »

hey guys,

I need three colors. I will use He-Ne for Red. But I don't decide to other two colors.

I considered DPSS, Argon, He-Cd but the coherence length is short. It didn't suitable.

Out-put Power is about 50mW and I want to Coherence length at least over 1m.

If there is someone knows lasers used as green, blue.

Why isn't suitable TEM00 for make hologram?

Thanks

Chanwoo
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

For a suitable blue laser that has longer coherence length than a HeCd, you would need either an argon with an etalon, or a Melles Griot DPSS laser at 457nm. Both typically cost $6,000 surplus, though if you're lucky, one might be found for $4,500.

For 532nm green, if you want a moderate amount of power (I would suggest at least 100mW) the cheapest surplus types are the Coherent 315M, and a less-commonly available type by Coherent known as the 532 series. At the present time, the going price seems to be around $1,500 for either.

I would suggest using your HeNe and a 315M to make two-color holograms first. That will be difficult enough. Then move on to full-color when you get the blue laser.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hey There,

Don't forget about pseudocolor, that's another option. It might not be as "cool" from a lab point of view but what's most important is the final image.

Some of the best art holograms have been done using swelling techniques. Only one laser needed. I've even seen full natural color done this way.

Jeff W
Jem

Post by Jem »

Jeffrey Weil wrote:Hey There,

Don't forget about pseudocolor, that's another option. It might not be as "cool" from a lab point of view but what's most important is the final image.

Some of the best art holograms have been done using swelling techniques. Only one laser needed. I've even seen full natural color done this way.

Jeff W
I concur. Take a look at Inaki Beguiristain's website for some stunning holograms...

http://www.displayhologram.co.uk/

Jem
Chanwoo

Post by Chanwoo »

Thanks Joe Farina, Jeffrey Weil, Jem.
Joe Farina wrote:I would suggest using your HeNe and a 315M to make two-color holograms first. That will be difficult enough. Then move on to full-color when you get the blue laser.
I will use 2 kind colors first and I will try to find 315M.
Jeffrey Weil wrote:Take a look at Inaki Beguiristain's website for some stunning holograms...
Is it to make mastering of 3 colors with one Laser? And is 'final reflection holgoram' that composed with 3 masters(R,G,B) ?