HeNe laser repair

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Joe Farina

HeNe laser repair

Post by Joe Farina »

This morning I got an email from Don Gillespie in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He said his health has improved, and his HeNe repair service (El Don Engineering) is up and running. He asked me to spread the word.
dave battin

HeNe laser repair

Post by dave battin »

That is great news Joe! I am glad to here he is doing well, i spoke Don a short while back and i got a great quote from him to rebuild/re-gass my 125A unit .
im planning another trip to MI next year so i'll bring it out with me and drop it off at his lab...............

In a recent Email i had with Don, he said somthing like "wow, it sounds like the diode laser is the new prince in town for holography, but the hene still remains the King!" (he is so correct!)
Joe Farina

HeNe laser repair

Post by Joe Farina »

dave battin wrote:i spoke Don a short while back and i got a great quote from him to rebuild/re-gass my 125A unit .
im planning another trip to MI next year so i'll bring it out with me and drop it off at his lab
That's good Dave. I would be very envious of anyone who has a newly regassed/refurbished 125 by Don Gillespie. If anyone has a 125 that needs rebuilding, I would stongly suggest doing it now. Maybe if you can get together with anyone else who needs this job done, Don will lower the price per individual rebuild.
eldonlaser

HeNe laser repair

Post by eldonlaser »

[quote][/quote]

Thank you, Joe Farian & Dave Battin:
I appreciate the good references you have offered relating to my HeNe repair sevices. I have serviced HeNe lasers for both, over the years. I work exclusively with HeNe lasers and prefer to repair the Spectra-Physics Models 127 125 124 and the 120. I have a full repair service and will repair or replace the laser tube or any electronic or optical components that may have failed. I warrant my work for one full year, (the same as the manufacturer's original warranty). I also have an inventory of reprocessed S-P HeNe's, including a Model 125 with a cavity extender and long coherence length etalon. The S-P Model 125 with an etalon is truly the choice of lasers for the serious or professional holographer working with silvered emulsion.

If you work with a HeNe laser, kindly make a post-it note or a log book entry as you may wish to find me in the future? As my health has dramatically improved, I have come from retirement to offer my services again. If you have need of my service, let's talk soon. While I enjoy my work, I would rather be drinking iced tea in the shade where the sand is hot and the water is salty.

Joe, Dave, thank you for your kind referrals.

Cheers, Don

Don Gillespie
El Don Engineering
T: 734 973 0330
eldonlaser@aol.com
142laser

HeNe laser repair

Post by 142laser »

Don is THE MAN for hene rubuild. :) Phil 142laser