Sorry for this LED Laser question

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Julian

Post by Julian »

Dear all,
In 1979 i set up a hologram studio with a hughes 5mw Hene, In 1984 I bought a coherent (about 12inches), polarised NEC HeNe laser. I am about to build a new studio but am hopelessly out of date. I have gathered that I can now buy a solid state LED Laser with a ridiculously long coherence length of a metre or two and up to 200 mw in the green wavelength or maybe up to 50 mw in the red. Please to save me hours of searching can anyone recommend the most powerful, coherent, polarised, thermally stable non mode hopping LED laser and power supply. Price is not an issue, but I want as good if not better results than I had with my 25mw laser. I tend to make 10x 8 holograms and want to do even larger formats. Thank you in advance. sorry to be such a bore.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Coherent 315 for 50-100mW of green, used for about $1500. Talk to Phil Bergeron, a member here. He will set you up fine!
Jem

Post by Jem »

I believe Sam Goldwasser (aka LaserSam) has a new 150mW Coherent 315m system for sale. Phil will almost certainly know of this and be able to hook you up.

Where in the world are you?, if you're in the UK I have a nice Coherent 35mW HeNe (632.8nm) for sale that is 'new old stock ~2005.

Jem
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Julian wrote:Dear all,
In 1979 i set up a hologram studio with a hughes 5mw Hene, In 1984 I bought a coherent (about 12inches), polarised NEC HeNe laser. I am about to build a new studio but am hopelessly out of date. I have gathered that I can now buy a solid state LED Laser with a ridiculously long coherence length of a metre or two and up to 200 mw in the green wavelength or maybe up to 50 mw in the red. Please to save me hours of searching can anyone recommend the most powerful, coherent, polarised, thermally stable non mode hopping LED laser and power supply. Price is not an issue, but I want as good if not better results than I had with my 25mw laser. I tend to make 10x 8 holograms and want to do even larger formats. Thank you in advance. sorry to be such a bore.
Agreed, you are asking for a c315. It will work in green and take some chemistry adjustments but it is the easiest, money is no object, laser. Phil and Sam will hook you up. If you want blue or red instead let us know.
Julian

Post by Julian »

Jem wrote:I believe Sam Goldwasser (aka LaserSam) has a new 150mW Coherent 315m system for sale. Phil will almost certainly know of this and be able to hook you up.

Where in the world are you?, if you're in the UK I have a nice Coherent 35mW HeNe (632.8nm) for sale that is 'new old stock ~2005.

Jem
I live in the UK, how much is your 35 mw laser? I like the look of the Coherent 315M and coherence length is amazing. If you record in green do you have to pre-swell the emulsion?
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

If you want gold then you post swell with sorbitol or the like. Search the wiki for post swell...
Jem

Post by Jem »

PM sent :)