Calling all holograms!!!

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
dave battin

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by dave battin »

front page look FANTASTIC ! great work you guys ..............
Colin Kaminski

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

DJ,

I just love the hologram you posted of the fish. How was it made?
DJ Mathson

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by DJ Mathson »

I wish I had made it with my own equipment, :-)... but I lack a blue laser...:-(
I made it at the color holography course I went to last year. It is a Denisyuk hologram made with three colors, a hene or red diode laser (don´t remember which was used for this hologram), a DPSS 532 and a HeCD at 440 nm. 4x5" Yves Gentet Ultimate 08 plate. In real life the hologram has a bit more brownish haze to it than the camera captured it. But still it is a full color hologram! :-)
DJ Mathson

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by DJ Mathson »

Using 532 nm together with the red laser really brings out the yellow. I do not think an Argon laser at 514 nm shows yellow that good.
DJ Mathson

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by DJ Mathson »

Another thing; At the course I could compare holograms made with the same objects but with either Ultimate or Slavich pancromatic emulsions, and the Ultimate holograms looked definitely better. The Slavich holograms had much more of a brownish haze over the image than the Ultimate emulsion. And Ultimate was easier to develop.
MichaelH

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by MichaelH »

Which course were you taking?
DJ Mathson

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by DJ Mathson »

I was taking the course Colour Holography for Students in Natural Sciences at Lund Institute of Technology:
http://kurslab-atom.fysik.lth.se/hologr ... ex-eng.htm
MichaelH

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by MichaelH »

Alright, it's been a while since the main page was updated and we've got a few new members and several new holograms that have been made so I'm putting out the call again.

Please submit your holograms for inclusion on the main page. The rules for inclusion are:

1) You must be a registered member of the forum and have been registered by Friday October 21st at 11:59pm CST (GMT-6). If you aren't in the forum member list by that time, your hologram won't be included.

2) Email me one jpeg image or a link to an image of one of your holograms. If you don't have my email address and don't have your own web space to put the image on, Use this link to send me your email address and I'll send you mine back so you can email the image to me directly.

3) Update your profile so that I can link your hologram in the collage to your profile so that if people want more information on the hologram, they'll know where to go. If you'd rather the hologram go nowhere, or go to a gallery post (either in the forum or the PCG gallery) just give me a link (or nothing) and I'll make it happen.

Your hologram doesn't have to be a "prizewinner" to be included, it just has to be one you made yourself.
MichaelH

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by MichaelH »

Due to the forum downtime submision for additions to the collage have been extended to Nov 28.
JohnFP

Calling all holograms!!!

Post by JohnFP »

Michael, how do you get to that page, the one with the holograms dispayed? I have never seen it as my shortcut puts me right here at the postings.