difficult access to holography forum ??

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

has anyone else had a hard time connecting to th forum? it seems hard to believe nobody posted over the weekend? colin said there was a problem,
it seems to happen often ............
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I am getting real real slow connection time. In fact, earlier today I could not connect at all after about 3 minutes. I have broadband.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

It's definitely the forum software/database. I don't know what's wrong but I do know that connecting to the http://www.holographyforum.org portal pages has been fine but connecting to the forum itself has been nearly impossible the last couple of days.
HoloM

Post by HoloM »

I had no problem in the last days, perhaps it's a matter of time, as I am on the other side of the world. It needn't be the forum database itself. Maybe there's a new client on the same hoster, who uses the database very extremly and so the holographyforum can slow down.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

We share the database server with 10 clients. It has been very slow for me at times. I have submitted a support ticket. I should hear back in 24 hours.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

The site has been unusably slow on several occasions since the weekend. I will sometimes see a phpp database connect error, if I have the patience to wait long enough. Could it be collateral damage from a DDOS attack on some other hosted site?
edelbrp

Post by edelbrp »

On a server I maintained, the phpbb was compromised and the abuser was sending tons of spam out dragging the server down to a crawl. I see you're still using 2.0.11. You might check to see if there are usual things running (probably hard to tell with 10 other folks on the same box).

-Phil
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Thank you, I hope to upgrade to .14 soon. I tried once but ran into problems.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum..... the front page comes up quickly, then it gets kinda stuck ?
HoloM

Post by HoloM »

yes, me too. got no connection at all for some time in the last two days