Holography Wiki

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

edelbrp wrote:BTW- John did that section, not me. But, I'd be happy to take the credit. ;')

:oops:

Thank you John!
JohnFP

Holography Wiki

Post by JohnFP »

Why does the HoloWiki site seem so slow?
JohnFP

Holography Wiki

Post by JohnFP »

I also get an error when I try to replace a JPG file with a newer version.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I need to install some cashing scripts for the php for it to run faster. I am looking into it. I don't have root access to our server so it may take a little time.

If you need to replace a fle please delete the old one first. I am looking into a solution for that problem as well.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Ed updated the Angle Equations on his discussion last week and I fianally have the equations entered you can see it here:

http://www.holographyforum.org/HoloWiki ... e_Equation

Thank you Ed! I am learning so much!
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I also got to the equations is the Horizontal Focus Section.

:)
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

wler add some noce information on Ar+ laser to the Wiki this weekend and also made many refinements and corrections.

Thank you wler!

You can see his wiriting on Ar+ here:

http://www.holographyforum.org/HoloWiki ... Ion_Lasers
JohnFP

Holography Wiki

Post by JohnFP »

Microsoft Word and Excell 2003 have an equation editor which has all the characters and fuctionallity needed. The only set back is the equation would have to be saved as an image file to post to the Wiki. It is free if you have Office 2003, although you may need to add the functionallity if you did not install it when you installed Office. Just another avenue of thought for equations.
Tom B.

Holography Wiki

Post by Tom B. »

On my first edit attempt (on the technology page), I got an Edit Conflict when I tried to save. Someone had made a change to a different section of the page and the version I was editing was no longer current. As far as I could tell, I would have had to manually merge my changes (no automerge facility was apparent) so I abandoned the attempt for now.

The problem is described here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Edit_conflict

None of the proposed work-arounds look very attractive. The article mentions a Wiki version with CVS style automerge but nobody has filled in the description yet :(

Is there a better solution for this? I think that breaking up the technology page (which covers a LOT of unrelated topics) into many separately editable pages would help somewhat, but don't know if it would help enough to be worth the effort. It could be that, in the long run, the odds of a conflict will be low enough that it isn't worth it.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Sorry about that. The technology page is too large and I have already taken the lasers out. Next I will take out the optics section. I have been working on the wiki all weekend and I have only ran into two conflicts. I was able to move to a different section and let Phil finish.

Anyone can make new pages and I would encorage you to make any pages you think are useful.

To make a new page, if the old page says.

blah, blah, blah optics blah.

And you want to make a new page write a brief introduction:

==title==

intorduction blah blah [[optics]] blah blah.

When you go back you will find that optics is in red. Click on that lenk and it will open an edit window for the new page called optics. if you want the page named a different thing from the taxt that makes the sentance work use a tak like this:

[[optics|This page will take you to a new page called optics]] and the new page will be titled optics and the link will be the second sentance. You can also ling down the page inside a new document but more on that later.

Thank you so much for yor help Tom!