Inlogging twice

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
DJ Mathson

Inlogging twice

Post by DJ Mathson »

Hi,

I allways have to log in twice to get logged in. Is this really how it should be?
MichaelH

Inlogging twice

Post by MichaelH »

It's not the way it should be. What browser and OS are you using and do you have cookies enabled for holographyforum.com?
DJ Mathson

Inlogging twice

Post by DJ Mathson »

Firefox, XP and cookies. The last two log ins worked fine, but the 15 before didn´t.
DJ Mathson

Inlogging twice

Post by DJ Mathson »

I still have this problem. I almost always have to try to log in twice to get logged in. Sometimes I can´t log in though I try many times.
MichaelH

Inlogging twice

Post by MichaelH »

Odd. I'm using the same set of software and never have that problem. What version of Firefox? Also, for "www.holographyforum.org" which do you have set in Firefox, "allow" or "allow for session"?
DJ Mathson

Inlogging twice

Post by DJ Mathson »

Time to time I have problems to log in to the forum, and this has been going on for quite a while. Often when I try to log in I just get to the same log in page, or I get redirected to the topics page. Sometimes I see at the bottom of the topics page that I am logged in as a registered user, but at the top of the page it still displays the log in links, and I still can´t post anything but get redirected to the log in page. Then suddenly I get properly logged in and everything is fine. Why is it like this? I think this has happened both with IE6, IE7 and Firefox on WinXP. I am not using them simultaneously.

I have tried to log in after deleting all cookies and temp files, but that does not solve anything. It is like I don´t get logged out properly and then can´t log in again because the system still thinks I am somehow logged in..

Now I opened the forum in Opera instead and in the Who Is Online field it says I am logged in. It is like I lose connection with the forum, but don´t get logged out and then the system don´t recognize my computer anymore.

To test this, I just shut down IE7 and reloaded the forum in Opera, and then, voila, I am not online again as a registered user. After this I could log in and post this in IE7.

Is there somebody with an explanation for this?
DJ Mathson

Inlogging twice

Post by DJ Mathson »

The reversed just happened. I only had Opera open, and loged in and could not post. Shut down Opera, started IE7 and saw that I was loged in in the Who is Online box. Still I needed to log in with IE7, which actually worked, and posted this. This is a very strange behavior.
Colin Kaminski

Inlogging twice

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Hopefully this will be resolved very soon. Perhaps by the end of summer.