Splash Page

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

Splash Page

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I put an rss feed of the forum on the splash page.

If you would like to add a scrolling rss feed of the forum on your site I can supply the code.
walschuler

Splash Page

Post by walschuler »

Dear Colin,

I hate to be Luditic but I think the new rolling headline on the front page is a mistake. It makes the page less stable and possibly will crash the site for me. I don't think it is needed either. This sort of problem is true when the technique is used on other sites too. It causes "ripples" on the screen. Perhaps a fixed bold faced list of NEWS could be fashioned to replace it, updated every day (?), shown as a click-on window with links from headlines to the new stuff??

Be well.....

Bill A.
MichaelH

Splash Page

Post by MichaelH »

Bill,

What browser/os/version are you using? For the the new scroller shows up fine and is unobtrusive in both IE 6 and Firefox 203 on Windows XP. Your combination might be something that can be accounted for rather than merely removing the reader.
walschuler

Splash Page

Post by walschuler »

I am using Netscape --- and Mac OS 9.22.. you may be right about its misbehavior...but I also just do not see the value of the scroll feature....

Yours,

Bill
Tom B.

Splash Page

Post by Tom B. »

I agree that it's annoying as part of an unavoidable splash screen. Often it just freezes. I just avert my eyes and click on the "click here to get to where you really wanted to go" link to get to the forum.
Colin Kaminski

Splash Page

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, OK, I deleted the news feed. It's code can be found here:

http://www.holographyforum.org/news.htm

I only made it to see if I can incorperate it on other sites. One can actually set it up to feed rss feeds from a number of sites.