New Forum!!!

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Well, if you are seeing this then I have completed the upgrading of the forum software. If you cannot log on please use your username to request a new password be emailed to you. Most users should be able to log on normally.

Take some time and click on the user control panel at the top left of the page. You will be able to set some settings that will make your experience with the forum more personal. You will have a lot more control over your profile and ways people can communicate with you.

You can upload pictures now! I have set a very consertative limit on the file size. I think it is around 50K. Please shrink the files to below that size or they will not upload. Please don't upload copywrited files, etc.

I have lots of work to do on the look of the board so please bear with me. I have it looking like a shadow of the old forum but I had spent a large amount of time getting all of the features we used to have. It will take some time to get this forum customized.

The Integraf banner will be coming back as soon as I cin add the code. I am deleting the Google code from the site for now. I think this search engine is much better thought out. All of the pages are generated in php so I am struggling a little with the code. Everthing is passed through hundereds of files with variables and I don't know them all yet or where to find them.

To find the wiki you need to click on the FAQ button first. I will change that as soon as possible. The FAQs are great for learning the new features of the board.

Well, I am sure I am forgetting lots of stuff. Please post in the Admin forum or contact me at colin at holography forum dot org if you have any problems, questions or concerns.

Cheers!
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am working on language packs. If there is a language you woul dlike to see the forum controls translated to plese post here. This is what is currently available:

http://www.phpbb.com/languages
Kaveh

New Forum!!!

Post by Kaveh »

Colin. I have been reading the posts conveniently via an RSS feed, using:

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/rss.php

Is there a feed for the new forum?
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

It is untested, http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/syndication.php Let me know how it works.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Hmmm... I can make the rss feed work. Does this work for you:

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/s ... p?type=rss
Kaveh

New Forum!!!

Post by Kaveh »

Sure does. Thanks.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I added some languages.

British English
French (Standard)‎
French (Technical)‎
German (Casual Honorifics)‎
Hebrew
Italian
Polish
Portuguese
Portuguese (Brazil)‎
Russian
Spanish (Argentina)
Swedish

If there are others requested please let me know. You can change your language from the user control pannel. It only changes the forum options not the posts. If you need to translate a post pleast use babelfish!
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Dear Colin,

The new site generally looks fine, but I am a bit puzzled by several things:
1) There is now no "return to" button at the top, only at the bottom of
each page; can we please have those back?
2) The return button now has a single title, no hierarchy to allow us to
short circuit going backwards; can we have them back??
3) I don't see any Preview or Submit buttons. How do we do it? I am going
to have to post this through my Hotmail. I am on Netscape 7.4 and MacOS 9.x.
4) To me, the pictures some people post by their names look a bit blurry and
desaturated. Anyone else notice this??

I hope the site is better for you..Can you please post this.
Bill
Hi Bill,

On the top of the page you will see the structure of the forum where you are at. So right now:

Board index ‹ Holography ‹ Administration

If you click on board index you will be at the main page, Administration will take back to the forum "Administration".

Right beneeth the editing window you should see three buttons, Save, Preview and Submit. Save will create a draft and store it in you user profile. Let me know if theses buttons don't appear for you.

Because of the size limitation of the Avatar images they are often not the best photos.

I hope this helps.

Colin
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Dear Colin,

I get no sign in box when the site opens. It seems to recognize me, in that it shows "Log out [walschuler]". But down at the bottom it lists registered users by name, but not mine.

What gives???

Can you please post this?

Thanks,
Bill
Hi Bill,

Sorry, I am just getting to this.

If you click on the "User Control Panel" at the top of the screen, then the "Board Preferences", and look for "Hide my online status:" and make sure the button says "no".

Colin