New Forum!!!

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
walschuler

New Forum!!!

Post by walschuler »

Colin,

This is from my office computer on Firefox and MacOS10.x. Now everything seems to be working. The Board Index button appears, I changed my preference to don't hide, and my name now appears at the bottom of the page, and this page has save, preview and submit buttons. So you will get this over the site's mail. The sad part is I likely will have to spend the bucks to get a new computer at home, if the old MacO. My only out is if somehow my problems are associated with Netscape 7.4. Have you heard from anyone else about this? Perhaps you should post the query.

Thanks!
Bill
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I added a YouTube bbcode for embedding videos into the forum. Look for it above the editing box when you are making a post. It requires the video number.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

walschuler wrote:Colin,

This is from my office computer on Firefox and MacOS10.x. Now everything seems to be working. The Board Index button appears, I changed my preference to don't hide, and my name now appears at the bottom of the page, and this page has save, preview and submit buttons. So you will get this over the site's mail. The sad part is I likely will have to spend the bucks to get a new computer at home, if the old MacO. My only out is if somehow my problems are associated with Netscape 7.4. Have you heard from anyone else about this? Perhaps you should post the query.

Thanks!
Bill
Bill, 7.4 is not that old so it surprises me that we are not compatible. I am doing some research into the problem.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have made some chnges to the forum that will hopefully fix Bill's browser problem. However, I have to hand patch about 75 files. If I miss one we may find a bug so if you have any issues please post them for me.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I has some login and posting problems that I think are fixed. If you notice a problem and can't post please emial me and colin at holography forum dot org.
walschuler

New Forum!!!

Post by walschuler »

Colin-

So at Cal Arts, everything seems to work OK. But at home, it appears I will need to replace my operating system to use this site's Post a Reply.

Bill
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK Bill,

Can you give me the exact OS and Browser configuration and what buttons you can't see?

Thank you,

Colin
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Well, I updated to a newer release tonight. Let me know if there are any new problems. I already see the one about posting a new topic. :?
Kaveh

New Forum!!!

Post by Kaveh »

Still having problems with RSS, in that posts are repeated several times. Not a huge problem, but if it can be fixed it would be good.
Colin Kaminski

New Forum!!!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The person who supplied the code for the feed is missing in action. I'll work on it. It seems to be specific to certain readers. FeedReader and Google Feeds seem to be fine.