RSS feeds

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Kaveh

RSS feeds

Post by Kaveh »

I have started a new thread for this. I am having the same trouble I was having with the old forum software, and I can't remember what my solution was last time! I have tried these in my news reader (NetNewsWire on Mac):

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/syndication.php

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/s ... p?type=rss

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/s ... ?type=atom

In all cases, I get multiple alerts for posts. So the same post will come up 6-7 times. I am not technically good at this. Any suggestions?
Colin Kaminski

RSS feeds

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I get a new listiing for each reply. Is that not what you get?
Kaveh

RSS feeds

Post by Kaveh »

I am getting the last 7 new posts repeated each time it checks. They have repeated around 10 times. It is as if they are all appearing as new posts every time. I don't get this with other sites I subscribe to.
Colin Kaminski

RSS feeds

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Everytime a feed reader request the posts the forum generates a new list. You feed reader does not seem to be able to tell the old one from the new ones. Perhaps this article will get you to the right setting. Note: I am not having this problem with google reader.

INF: Persistence

The information in this article applies to:

NetNewsWire 2.x
Normally, NetNewsWire deletes news items when they disappear from the feed they appeared in. You can change this behavior: you can tell NetNewsWire to keep items longer.

Persistence for all subscriptions

Open the General pane in NetNewsWire’s preferences window.
In the Keep items section, tell NetNewsWire how long to automatically keep news items.
Persistence for individual subscriptions
You can over-ride the setting in the preferences window for groups and for individual subscriptions.

In the Subscriptions pane, select a subscription whose settings you want to change.
Choose Window > Show Info.
Expand the Persistence pane by clicking the disclosure triangle.
Check the box next to Use custom persistence setting.
Tell NetNewsWire how long you want to keep items for this subscription.
The settings for a group apply to the subscriptions inside the group—and you can also set settings for subscriptions inside a group that has custom persistence settings.

Flagged items
Another way to keep news items is by flagging them—see Flagged Items for more information.
Kaveh

RSS feeds

Post by Kaveh »

Thanks for this info. Just learned something about the software I didn't know!! I'll play with these settings and see what happens.
Kaveh

RSS feeds

Post by Kaveh »

I think adjusting those settings fixed it. All three feeds are working now. :-)
Martin

RSS feeds

Post by Martin »

Yes, thanks, Colin. The Linux RSS-Reader Akregator is working again...
Colin Kaminski

RSS feeds

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I have the feed off for a day. But it will be back up soon.

:oops:
Kaveh

RSS feeds

Post by Kaveh »

Having said all was working, now it is not. I get the same messages over and over again. Any help appreciated.
Colin Kaminski

RSS feeds

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am not sure. I am not even sending a feed right now. I have it disabled while I edit some files.