Topic icons - how to stop making everything look new?

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Hi -

I looked at the FAQ and the User Control Panel, but I can't figure this one out.

Ever since we switched to this new version of phpBB, I feel like many more topics are "red! something's new!" than before the version change.
I would prefer to have red mean "Something changed since you last visited," not "Something changed that you haven't read."

How can I do that? Or are we just more communicative now, and all that activity really is happening between my forum visits?

gregg
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The new forum does not clear the flag until you have viewed a topic. We are more active now but there is also a change in the logic. I will look into ways to change it. Since I try to read every post it is better for me but i can see how if you only want to view relevant topics it would not be beneficial.
favalora

Post by favalora »

So I wasn't imagining things. Interesting.

I appreciate your offering to look into it, but please don't do it on my behalf alone. I'm sure you have 100 better things to do!

-g
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Well, I have to admit I forgot about this until I was working on the header of the forum. If you look at the top of the page under all of the headers is a link:

Mark All Forums as read.

Simply click this before you leave the site and everything will not be new anymore.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Ah! That worked.

Thank you!

-gregg