New Section Proposal "Travel Visits"

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Ok, I have been thinking about this and thought I would throw it out there. How about having a new forum section entitled, "Travel Visits" or something. I have seen a few posts here in which someone says they are going to a different state or country and asks if there are any holographers in that country that would not mind having a visitor. It would be a great chance to visit a fellow holographer for a couple of hours while on vacation.

Basically the post in the section could go something like this;
Subject: Visiting Venice Italy April 17 - April 19

I will be visiting Venice Italy for 3 days and would like to know if anyone in the area would like to get together and chat hologaphy or if anyone has a labe in the area, would like to have a visitor?
E-mail me at: holograms3d at yahoo dot com.
Any thoughts?
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

I am always happy to hang out with my colleagues if they are passing through Chicago. I live minutes away from Midway. Just give me a few days notice.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Nice thought, but like "Holography Jobs" not worthy of a new section, in my opinion. Until a topic grows to such an extent that it's merited, why clutter the front page with sections never used? Why wouldn't visitation requests or visitation reports be suitable for the "General Holography" section, if they ever materialize?

Regardless, like Ed, I'm always up to visit with anyone interested in holography.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Bob "holographic Jobs" maybe a better name would be " Holographic Opportunities" this would give it a broader prospective ......I real think we need to think a bit bigger... to open the Doors Opportunities

I'm up to visit with anyone interested in holography too :D