Upgrades/Broken Features

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have upgraded the forum software. I had to go back to all stock instalation files and will spend the next few weeks finding the insertion points for advertisements and the RSS feed.

I am still having problems with email activations. If you are trying to register and do not get an email activation email please send your username without your password to colink at designerinlight dot com.
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I moved the RSS feed to:
www.holographyforum.org/phpBB2/rss.php

I also added a link in the header for it. Now to get Integraf's add back...
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have the Holowiki link and Integraf's add back. WooHoo. I think I will wait till later in the week to get Google adds back. I wish they would not change all the files for every update...
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I still am working on the email issue and I have requested the database gets moved to a server with a lighter load. That should speed up the site a lot.
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I got the Google adds back. I also got the Google search feature back. I placed at the top of the search page. It is nice as it will search the forum and the wiki at the same time.
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Ok, email should be fixed. Looking through the error logs there have been emails that have not gone through. So, if you have sent an email in the last week assume it was not recieved. I don't have copies of the emails to forward. :(

Oh, yeah, we have some more smilies... :whistle:
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I have the database server running back at full speed again. All email functions are back together. I think we are back to normal. Please let me know if you find any bugs.
MichaelH

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by MichaelH »

Ever since the upgrade, the rss feed has been unreliable (I haven't been getting all the posts) and the time for every post is 00:00
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Thank you, I changed the software and I am not as happy with this rss software. The problem is that there is no RSS software that has been aproved for phpBB3 so I have to take what I can find and modify it. I don't like that it uses the thread title instead of the post title.

I am having no end of issues with this provider as well. I am researching a new one. We have been here since we left Network54 but the company is falling apart. The service has gone from 24 hours to sometimes, the servers are getting overloaded and when I complain about speed issues the reply is "I just checked and it's fine". In the old days they would actually look into things. We will be moving soon, I just want to make sure it is to a better host. I also am going to move the SQL to the same server. Right now we are spread across three servers. If I move to a single server I can make the wiki more seamlessly integrated to the forum.
Colin Kaminski

Upgrades/Broken Features

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I just looked again and there is a certified RSS feed now. I'll check into it.