Hacked

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

Hacked

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Our server farm was hacked yesterday. it effected thousands of websites. I'll post more details when I have them. We should be mostly back together but I need to replace some rarely used index pages that I don't have backups for. :(
JohnFP

Hacked

Post by JohnFP »

Thank you Colin. If you need any help let me know.
Jem

Hacked

Post by Jem »

Nice to have the forum back again Colin, hope there's not too much damage for you to sort out.

Can I just say how much I appreciate the work you put in here. I know I don't post too much but I do tend to check in most days and I love reading what everyone's doing. I just wish I had the space and stability to grow my setup.

Cheers

Jem
Colin Kaminski

Hacked

Post by Colin Kaminski »

If anyone wants to build a few missing index pages please let me know. The engine that ran through my server replaced all index.htm, index.html and index.php files and I don't seem to have backups of the odd ones like the lippmann files and the user submitted files. I did have backups of all the forum files.
Danny Bee

Hacked

Post by Danny Bee »

Colin Kaminski wrote:If anyone wants to build a few missing index pages please let me know. The engine that ran through my server replaced all index.htm, index.html and index.php files and I don't seem to have backups of the odd ones like the lippmann files and the user submitted files. I did have backups of all the forum files.
this is the place most of the images the hacker used http://www.velfecr.com/ came from, Colins this is why you should really look at joomla (the html files would be objects handle by the php as object) its a very safe way, thats way most of calif cites use (CMS) Content Management System. im doing more CMS that standard web site to provent this.....