P-51 Rollout

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

He doesn't read this forum and I'm pretty sure he doesn't check my web page often so I feel safe in talking about a new hologram I'm been trying to work on for my father for Fathers Day.

It's detailed here and I'll post pictures of the transmission and reflection copies as soon as they're made.

Here's a shot of the lit model

Tom B.

P-51 Rollout

Post by Tom B. »

Cotton batten looks very promising for making clouds. In my holoflame experiments I've found that even without extreme precautions to prevent air currents it seems to show up pretty well in holograms. If it's any distance at all from the image plane, the blurring is sufficient to obscure all hint of its medicine bottle origins :)
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

Cotton batten looks very promising for making clouds
Or nebulae

I thought about using a transparency and making the background part of the hologram but then thought that an actual photo would be attractive. Based on my tests so far, I think it's going to work well.
Tom B.

P-51 Rollout

Post by Tom B. »

Very nice cotton pickin' there, pardner.
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

Why thank yeh sir!
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

I didn't have time to get a good shot of the final hologram before taking it to my father's house but here's a shot of the plane by itself.
If I have time in the morning I'll make a full scene copy for myself and get some pictures.

MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

Ok, here's a shot of the finished hologram with sunset background...

MarkCavin

P-51 Rollout

Post by MarkCavin »

That’s Cool Excellent and Bad A’s’s’ all rolled up into one. Sierra Hotel, i think is the correct term.
Tom B.

P-51 Rollout

Post by Tom B. »

[quote="MichaelH"]Ok, here's a shot of the finished hologram with sunset background...

Suggests to me a ghost plane or a memory. I do find the white mat a bit distracting, though. The holophoto composite idea has interesting possibilities ...
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

MarkCavin wrote:Sierra Hotel, i think is the correct term.
Thanks.

TomB wrote:Suggests to me a ghost plane or a memory.
Me too, that's why I titled it P-51 Ghost on my gallery :-)
I do find the white mat a bit distracting
Yeah, after seeing it for a while, I do too. It was the only matte I had that was close to suitable. Hopefully I won't be working this weekend and can pick up a few more.
The holophoto composite idea has interesting possibilities ...
I agree. I like that there's a picture you can see from anywhere but when you get to the right angle, there's a surprise.