New hologram - feel the burn!

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

"Workin' out with Irena"

No idea what could have inspired this athletic effort :)

stereo pair: you may need to right-click "save Image as" to a file and shrink it down with an image editing program to let you see it in 3D.

Same plates and technique as usual (BB-640, 6% TEA, lit for photo with OptiLed amber from about 1.5 m)
The pics didn't come out as well this time, but good enough. The fringe pattern under the models is intentional - I calculated a mickey-mouse model of spherical wavefront interference and printed it out on cardstock as a background, but alas it moved a bit so it's dark under Irena's hand.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Where's dino? Out at the pub as usual, I suppose.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Dinesh wrote:Where's dino? Out at the pub as usual, I suppose.
Not this time - he had a hot date with a lady Olympic wrestler and ended up getting his tail severely kinked. Full recovery is expected. He wishes all his fans well, and expresses no regrets. "It is better to lose a few vertebrae in pursuit of carnal ecstasy than to get squashed under a bus for no reason at all." I suppose so, but I can't help thinking the wee lizard has a bit of a self-destructive thing going on...

Post by Guest »

Wow Tom- The fire looks great!
Technodreamer

Post by Technodreamer »

Are you sure they aren't real? :lol:
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Technodreamer wrote:Are you sure they aren't real? :lol:
Pretty sure. Otherwise that's either a ridiculously big kitten or a very tiny gymnast :) Also visible is scattered light from the home-made concave mirror in the background that is focusing light back onto the cotton batten "flame".

Excessive realism can be a bit of a problem for the pictorial holographer. I had one person ask me "What am I supposed to be looking at" when I pointed out a framed and hung holo. It would seem that they subconsciously preferred to believe that I had gouged out a cavity in the wall behind the frame and set up a diorama with some ridiculous objects within - and thought this unremarkable. Only when I demonstrated the holographic nature of the apparition were they impressed. Fortunately, most people appreciate the image for itself and laugh right away, with no technical explanation needed.
Technodreamer

Post by Technodreamer »

Lol. I was just showing appreciation for hwo good your holograms are.

Have you visited: http://vizoo.dk/content/showreel_set.html

Great holograms movies!
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Technodreamer wrote:Lol. I was just showing appreciation for hwo good your holograms are.

Have you visited: http://vizoo.dk/content/showreel_set.html

Great holograms movies!
And I was just expressing appreciation for your compliment of pretending to doubt the unreality of my holograms :) That last Jokeren music vid was cool - very nice sound and cinematography. I think Jokerin needs to move around a bit more, get spectacular, know what I mean? - but he's OK.
Technodreamer

Post by Technodreamer »

Lol.

The "unreality" :P I hear that much more often than you would expect someone to do so. I practice Lucid Dreaming, so I am talking abotu unreality all the time :P
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Technodreamer wrote:Lol.

The "unreality" :P I hear that much more often than you would expect someone to do so. I practice Lucid Dreaming, so I am talking abotu unreality all the time :P
I'm sure the attendants at your psychiatric institution are fascinated by your utterances and are thinking of joining the Monster Raving Loony party themselves. Then again, maybe not. But it's a nice idea.