Valkyrie (~60k pic)

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Tom B.

Valkyrie (~60k pic)

Post by Tom B. »

"Valkyrie". According to Funk and Wagnall's: "In Norse mythology, one of the maidens that ride through the air and choose heroes
from among those slain in battle, and carry them to Valhalla".

The dollar-store fridge magnet fairy is indeed a lame substitute for a real Valkyrie, but hey, there's a war on.

Denisyuk, BB640, 6% TEA, 660 nm diode laser
Last edited by Tom B. on Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelH

Valkyrie (~60k pic)

Post by MichaelH »

Perhaps she's a valkyrie in training? Her superiors are flying somewhere above her, watching her progress?

Are you using any assisted lighting? Stealing the overspill and directing it back to the scene? I'm still amazed by the brightness of your single-beams (I'm assuming that's how you're using "Denisyuk" since that's the common usage).

I like it!
Tom B.

Valkyrie (~60k pic)

Post by Tom B. »

No lighting assist this time. Objects were too close to plate for that. Re brightness forgot to mention that an Optiled amber LED was used for photo lighting. Also didn't use quite enough TEA so I had to warm the plate to dry it out a bit for the photo to get the right yellow tint.

I was tempted to redo the holo with more TEA, but thought it better to declare victory and move on to something else. BB-640 plates can produce very nice Denisyuk results - too bad they are so bloody expensive!