Latest attempts

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
MarkCavin

Latest attempts

Post by MarkCavin »

I still suck at DCG, but here is a nice PFG-03C that came out surprisingly well, considering who made it.

R2D2 with Prism <Denisyuk>
315M – 3 seconds exp – JD-4
Colin Kaminski

Latest attempts

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Very nice! How is the pfg-03c to work with? Why don't you use VRP?
MichaelH

Latest attempts

Post by MichaelH »

Very good!

Thanks for sharing it with us.
MarkCavin

Latest attempts

Post by MarkCavin »

Hi guys,
Thanks. Colin, I think 03M and 03C just make very good Denisyuk; better than VRP. I like VRP and PFG-01 for transmissions. Working with 03C is pretty much identical to working with 03M, except a lower intensity safe light is needed. 03C is least sensitive in red so I use a red party bulb enclosed in a garage door opener light housing. I get a nice diffused dim red glow in the lab and notice no fogging in plates exposed for short periods of time. I try to limit light hitting the plate by carding or boxing between the plate and party bulb that is some 15 feet away from the table and 8 feet above the floor. If I had a red laser I would use 03M for Denisyuk and PFG-01 for transmissions. I just applied the same logic for green lasers; 03C for Denisyuk and VRP for transmissions.
Mark
BobH

Latest attempts

Post by BobH »

Could you tell me the time it took for the plate to go dark? I've noticed that the PFG-03C I've been using goes very dark almost immediately, and I'm pretty sure it's not the safelight.
MarkCavin

Latest attempts

Post by MarkCavin »

Hi Bob,
The plate darkens as soon as it hits the developer and reaches density in about 2 minutes.
Mark