latest dcg holy-holo

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by dave battin »

Just have a little fun making this two color composite DCG hologram. This one is not the greatest quality (as you can see smudges in the lower left) but after three weeks of work its nice to finally be there (well almost)....

Made with a total of three espouser all shot off DCG proximity copies! This quality is not up to my standards so off to the scrap bucket it goes! The next one won’t have a finger print in it! No wonder this holo took me three weeks to get this far!
BobH

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by BobH »

Nice skullogram! :)

Now there's a contest. I'm certain we've all made holograms of skulls, a more stereotypical image I can not imagine. I have at least a dozen by different holographers in my small collection, another four of my own, and that's not counting those on the skelatons in the closet. :shock:

I've seen holograms of happy skulls, comical skulls, real skulls, partyin' skulls, serious skulls and evil skulls. Plain and adorned, winged and feathered. Forensic, artistic and kitch. Why do we like them so much?

I'm wondering who made the first hologram of a skull? :?

Forget about a contest, we should organize a show: "The Skulls of Holography". Bring them out of their boxes, drawers, and dusty old frames (the lucky ones). Reconstruct them all together with new sources of light not available when they were born. Maybe Burning Man's the place to do it.
MarkCavin

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by MarkCavin »

Cool hologram. :D
Kiffdino

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by Kiffdino »

yes very nice
dave battin

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by dave battin »

BobH wrote:Nice skullogram!
I've seen holograms of happy skulls, comical skulls, real skulls, partyin' skulls, serious skulls and evil skulls. Plain and adorned, winged and feathered. Forensic, artistic and kitch. Why do we like them so much?

Yes I know what you mean, I’ve bee shooting this skull (the one above made by me) for 20 years! This hologram is kind of symbolic for me , after 20 years 'the idea is finally able to take flight ,(that is to apply artistic ideas to DCG holography).

The thing about the skull is we are comfortable with it (yet it’s still mysterious), you have seen it before and its very easy to recognize ……….
JohnFP

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by JohnFP »

It's funny, I have never done a skull hologram.
BobH

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by BobH »

I have never done a skull hologram

Well it's about time!!!! :P
dave battin

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:It's funny, I have never done a skull hologram.
the skull is made from a mold i made many years back. John would you like one? i can cast you one made from plaster, you will need to detail it as i did mine ............???
JohnFP

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by JohnFP »

No thank you, but I appreciate the offer. Skulls never appealed to me.

I have a few things on my plate right now but if I were to do something internal of the human body it would be a heart or spine.

Why???? How do I know...Hehehe!
dave battin

latest dcg holy-holo

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:I have a few things on my plate right now but if I were to do something internal of the human body it would be a heart or spine.

yes John waht are you up to ? its been to long since you have posted a holo/picture ..........

please tell us what's on your plate John :lol: