RayMan

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

RayMan

Post by dave battin »

Here is another composite DCG color hologram.

made using "standard" DCG recipe and multi exposures.

It’s size is @ 4 inch square........

MichaelH

RayMan

Post by MichaelH »

very cool.

It appears that the face is casting a shadow on the lower-left ray. Did you paint one or the other black when exposing for the second color?
Kris Meerlo

RayMan

Post by Kris Meerlo »

Very nice hologram can you make one for me I pay for it.
Kiffdino

RayMan

Post by Kiffdino »

just amazing

the brightness you get with that dcg is probably out of reach for anyone using silver halide emulsions

well maybe with the ultimate plates, but still...
Kiffdino

RayMan

Post by Kiffdino »

may i ask

how did you do the green rays ?

is this a reflection of a print out, like the diverged laser beam is coming from the collimating mirror and is then reflected from some black and white paper on the dcg plate

or did you mask the palte, putting a stencil directly on it and then letting object and reference beam only expose the open areas ?
Tom B.

RayMan

Post by Tom B. »

I like! The technique is well suited to this high contrast cartoony image.
dave battin

RayMan

Post by dave battin »

Thanks for the nice words!this hologram was made with two separate exposures(one for each color) and by careful manipulation of the masks in-between exposures ,any number effects can be made. by getting the images close to proper register, your brain will want to fill in anything that’s missing! The rays are simply spray painted pieces of glass w/black backround.........

now I have to make five in a row so I can trade/sell a few off

johnfp i would sure like to hear from you? no PM back, your skype is turned off and you wont answer your email ?? what is up mr. moderator dude???
dave battin

RayMan

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:I like! The technique is well suited to this high contrast cartoony image.

ill take that as a compliment, thank you ....... this mask i forgot to add was sculpted by me, and is made from the oven bake clay. I gave it enlarged features to make things really stick out .
Colin Kaminski

RayMan

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Note: I deleted a private conversation here. Please keep posts on topic and private communications Private. :)