My first one

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
info.crew

My first one

Post by info.crew »

This is my first piece made in the kitchen. It is the DCG vith rhodamine 6G.

Water................................100ml

Gelatine for cooking................12g

P11...................................5drops

Adjusted pH to 9.5 with acetic acid

Amonium dichromate...............4g

Rhodamin 6G 0,4%................2ml

The P11 is comercial name for epoxy hardener dietylenetriamine, [2,2´-iminodi(ethane-1-amine)]

The size of the plate is 25x15 cm, depth is 4cm.

Exposed by 532nm diode module (35€), 5mW, 60min

After this success, my laser burned out. :D
info.crew

My first one

Post by info.crew »

I added the gellatine after adjusting the pH of mixture of water and P11. Other is correct.
dave battin

My first one

Post by dave battin »

nice work ! how did you burn out your diode?
Joe Farina

My first one

Post by Joe Farina »

That's some really impressive work. I'm amazed that a one-hour exposure can be done with a low-cost 532nm laser. I didn't see any signs of mode-hopping in the hologram. I'm curious about the addition of the epoxy hardener, can I ask why this was done? The size of your hologram is very impressive also.
info.crew

My first one

Post by info.crew »

dave battin wrote:nice work ! how did you burn out your diode?
By normal using vith 2 AA NiMH cells adn I used for cooling big piece of Al cooler profile and for thermal contact PC prcessor silver paste. The total time of use was cca two weeks nonstop.
info.crew

My first one

Post by info.crew »

Joe wrote:That's some really impressive work. I'm amazed that a one-hour exposure can be done with a low-cost 532nm laser. I didn't see any signs of mode-hopping in the hologram. I'm curious about the addition of the epoxy hardener, can I ask why this was done? The size of your hologram is very impressive also.

I was looking for a chemical, that is low cost and can have some similar properties like TMG. Diethylenetiamine contains in molecule secondary amine and also is strongly alcaline. And it cost just 1€ fot 20 ml, so I tried it with succes. But very big munus fot this chemical is, that plates must be exposed within two days maximum because of quick dark reaction. I used plates one day old.

For the coating I used the method with glass treated with atirain. In the corners of the plate were 1,5 cm squares of 0,1 mm thick PVC tape.
glajciorz

My first one

Post by glajciorz »

Pablo, I think after what you've done the "C315 elite club" will be..hmmm... a little confused :lol:

Great job :D

greetings

Adam
info.crew

My first one

Post by info.crew »

glajciorz wrote:Pablo, I think after what you've done the "C315 elite club" will be..hmmm... a little confused :lol:
Great job :D

Thanks,

I will obtain some better laser, maybe a green He-Ne and will try to make some more pictures. But holography is very, very time consuming hobby :-))
Cristiano_Perrucci

My first one

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

Really impressive work!

Cristiano
d paul

My first one

Post by d paul »

Really beautiful plate. And another alternative to TMG to boot

rob