My first 2 color Hologram on Fuji holofilm

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Kris Meerlo

Post by Kris Meerlo »

- Coherent 315m laser

- SP 125 HeNe laser

- Fuji holofilm

- Singlet

- single beam

- Pyro developer end kalium bleach

- expose time red and green about 3 sec

- two shots first the red and then the green laser.

The holofilm is more then 1.5 years old and not cooled.

The image is very dim but you can see the different colors red green orange and yellow.

I use a green and amber safe light the green one hits the walls.

dave battin

Post by dave battin »

very nice kris ! its nice to see you are finally using the fuji film........
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Nice job, Kris! It's very good to finally see a two-laser color hologram on this forum!

It looks like your 315 is on a moveable support platform. I use a similar one based on four scissor-type car jacks, so the platform can be raised/lowered or tilted (so the beam can become co-linear with the HeNe). Did you use a spatial filter, and if so, was alignment difficult?
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

Looks like good clean engineering went into this set up! Congratulations!

The brightness is not as much of a concern to me as far as this material goes but the noise! Look at the shadow, it's grey, not black! This could be predicted knowing that the grains size of the Fuji is in the realm of the old Agfa 8E series.

Undoubtedly better results could be acheived using the Colour Holographics or Gentet plates. Why Fuji didn't go the smaller grain route, I don't know!

The only person I know who has told me about shooting blue holograms on the Fuji material was Hans Bjelkhagen, and he said he got nothing better than a dim image. At least that's better than none!

It looks like you've got the skills and equipment, now it's time to get some good film or plates!
Pianomaxx

Post by Pianomaxx »

By the way, does anybody a supplier in Europe for the Fuji film? On the Fuji website they announced only to sell it in the US.

best regards,

Max
Hans

Post by Hans »

Sure, you can order it directly from Fuji in Belgium. I just ordered some from their website.

Here is the link: http://www.fujihunt.com/holography
Kris Meerlo

Post by Kris Meerlo »

No I didn't use a spatial filter, I use a singlet, I think it is to difficult to align.

I align first the green laser and then the red one, I use for the red one

three mirrors to adjust the correct position of the beam, when that was good then I shot the "red holo" and then I removed a mirror to shot the "green holo ".
Kris Meerlo

Post by Kris Meerlo »

By the way I shot the holo's very fast I did'n't concern much about exposure and develop times, safe lights, temperatures, settling times, holofilm age, laser beam matching and so go on.

I think that is the reason the holo's are dim.

The purpose was to see colors in a hologram.

I also order new film I let this forum know the results.