Howdy all! Peep my first display hologram

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Yeppers, Dave

My setup is strictly bottom shelf all the way - one of the jumbo slide-under-the-bed-full-of-folded-clothes Tupperware bins ~ 18X36, 80lb sand, all on top of two dollar store swim rings and loaded to capacity with optics salvaged from cameras and copiers...

I AM NOT GONNA PAY A LOT FOR THIS MUFFLER

My only crippling expense was single mode lasery - and I tenaciously (stubbornly, ignorantly) tried to dodge that harsh reality for the longest time, too - but I will say: Those cheap multimode greenies are good learning tools for the beginning holographer who wants to at least learn about beam ratios and energy densities and exposure times and just how much isolation it truly does take to record fringes that will diffract an image...

However... Multimode operation is behind me and I now have the confidence in my equipment to try some real holography. Straight-from-object off-axis reflection is nice and all (and quite pleasing to finally accomplish back when I did), but an H2 from a well-lit object stored in a transmission master makes that look like kids' play :P

Thank you, Dave, for mentioning the hope factor. Yesyes - If I can do it, anyone can - AND IT DOESN'T HAVE TO COST A FORTUNE!!!!
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

It was a few nights ago.. I had a few cocktails in me and some company at the time..heheh

Without even reading the rest yet, I can tell I am going to like this story...LOL
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

All I can say is........

Excellent!!!

Excellent!!!

Excellent!!!
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

:D :D :D

Thank you, John
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Very nice. It's normal that the burned-in spots took longer to clear. Those areas received more light and hence were more developed.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

MichaelH wrote:Very nice. It's normal that the burned-in spots took longer to clear. Those areas received more light and hence were more developed.

Michael, is it your impression that the areas are so over exposed that the fringe structure is washed out?
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

I can't say for sure, since "washed out" implies to me that there's no fringe structure left at all.

My get feeling is that if one were to develop the film so that those areas were the correct density that you'd get a bright hologram through those little tiny windows.