New hologram: Lakshmi

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Title: "Lakshmi and the Golden Walnut"

Because she was too deep for a clear Denisyuk, this is an 4X5 image planed H2 from a 4X5 reflection master, both
on BB-640 plates. With such a small master the viewing angle is fairly limited, but it's not too bad - maybe +/- 15 degrees?
Lighting for pic: OptiLed amber LED, about 30 inches away. The crescent moon behind her moved a bit during the 120 second master
exposure, but I don't mind the effect - kind of like clouds partly obscuring it. Another view:

My gallery: http://members.shaw.ca/holopix/
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Excellent hologram Bob!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Tom, do you have photo of your H2 set up? I am not sure if you still do it the same way but I remember it being quite unique. Great hologram!
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Here's an old pic of my collimated bypass setup - it's changed a bit but the essentials are the same. Laser on right, 8" collimating mirror on left, adjustable dual plate holder in middle. Red lines indicate beam shape.

Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Thank you Tom! I was wondering if you still used this set up. I have always liked how non-traditional it is.
glajciorz

Post by glajciorz »

Tom, how deep is the holo ?

greetings
Adam
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Tom, how deep is the holo ?
Not very deep. Lakshmi is about 2.5 inches front to back, and the background objects are 1 inch behind her, so about 3.5 inches total. The image plane was chosen so that her nose was in focus and her hand sticks out of the holo about 3/4 inch, or about the depth of the surrounding frame. For the reflection master, the plate was a few inches away from her to avoid shadowing by the plate edge so that holo would have been about 6 inches deep.