Tony's Latest

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Dutchelm05

Tony's Latest

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Here is one of my latest
DCG ala John P's receipe
1:30 exposure
532nm 100mw
Can quite fugure out how to photograph it yet, the background looks blurred I think I'll try a white LED light next time.

Thank you all on the forum for your help
Attachments
Angry dude.jpg
Angry dude.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Colin Kaminski

Tony's Latest

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Nice job! I moved it to the gallery section. I finally learned how to move topics in the new forum.
dave battin

Tony's Latest

Post by dave battin »

nice job tony! its very nice to some dcg holography.congratulations to you , now if i can convince you to try mold coating you will advance very quickly .......

which recipe did you use?
Dutchelm05

Tony's Latest

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thank you Dave,
No convicing neccessary :D
Everyday I gather bits and pieces to try out the mold. I also read your procedure often to get the feel in my head. I just found a nice piece of flat glass today albeit only a 8X12. Next is a better piece of granite than the one I current have. I made a flat table with adjustments to ensure levelness. I was playing with the idea of using some TEC cooler I have laying around but thought better, a freezer will be fine next to the fish sticks:) In short it's coming along :)

Thanks,
Tony
JohnFP

Tony's Latest

Post by JohnFP »

Tony, that's a great hologram. It looks exceptionally bright too.

Now I am surely no guru on photographing holograms but I take a piece of white paper and place it next to the hologram. I then allow the auto focus to focus at the paper, and while still holding the shutter button half way down, move it to the hologram and shoot. I found with technique, you can focus at the center or at the edge of the paper allowing differnt light levels to be saved for the shot also. Michael gave a a great demo in photographing hologram, and while I don't usually use it, it works great. That is, take a large black card (I used foamboard about 24x36 inches) and cut a hole out just large enough for the lens of the camera to peak through. Using this allows minimal back reflections to show up on the glass.

Yes, If you narrow down the wavelength of the illuminating light, you will get much less color smear.

I hope you were kidding about using your home Freezer !!! DCG and anything used around it HAS to be kept completely separate from all living areas and food areas.....IMPORTANT!!!!
Dutchelm05

Tony's Latest

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks John for the advice. I will try it out.
Oh and the freezer bit is for the granite slab that would be used for the mold techinque. I was thinking of using some TECs to freeze a piece of granite but a freeze will do fine.
My DCG is in it's own little frige. Which by the way, (off subject) but Joe is correct that aged gelatin is better the new. Maybe it is because it has been cooked several times. I'll have to bring that up in the general posting one day and see if there is any agreement.
Good to hear from you John,
Tony