Peace Within Reach

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

Peace Within Reach

Post by dave battin »

heres a movie file (so you can get the movement )

The hologram “Peace Within Reach” is a Denisyuk DCG H1 hologram; its size is 5” square and its reference was shot diagonally across the plate, requiring this hologram to be hung diagonally and was made using a total of three exposures. The two hand converging on each other are actually a double exposure of one hand shot and flipping the plate between exposures, originally I thought they would look like they were about to shake, but viewing the holoimage they looked more like one hand was reaching for the other, the central image where these hand converge to is a symbol of peace, easily recognized message by all. Again this hologram is a “green hologram as well. The images used in this hologram were sculpted by me as well as the matting used to mount both of these contest holograms
MichaelH

Peace Within Reach

Post by MichaelH »

Dave, the video's been deleted from youtube
dave battin

Peace Within Reach

Post by dave battin »

MichaelH wrote:Dave, the video's been deleted from youtube

im still getting it at my site ?
Joe Farina

Peace Within Reach

Post by Joe Farina »

works for me
MichaelH

Peace Within Reach

Post by MichaelH »

I must have had an old page in my browser cache. It's working now.
Kiffdino

Peace Within Reach

Post by Kiffdino »

thats awesome,
no offence but when I saw the photography of your hologram i was not that amazed,
but now that I see it in "action" its a totally different thing

great work :D
dave battin

Peace Within Reach

Post by dave battin »

Thanks for the nice comment, I was staring to think I was black listed on the forum here, as no one really commented at all !LOL thanks and absolutely no offence taken.
MichaelH

Peace Within Reach

Post by MichaelH »

dave battin wrote:Thanks for the nice comment, I was staring to think I was black listed on the forum here, as no one really commented at all !LOL thanks and absolutely no offence taken.
Some may have been like me, I had a few minutes over lunch to see the video and think "I really like that effect" but no time to post a response. And then I forgot about it with all else that's going on around here.

Sooooo, now that it's the weekend...

Cool. I really like that effect. I definitely makes it appear that the hands are reaching for peace.
Colin Kaminski

Peace Within Reach

Post by Colin Kaminski »

dave battin wrote:Thanks for the nice comment, I was staring to think I was black listed on the forum here, as no one really commented at all !LOL thanks and absolutely no offence taken.
And I have to reserve comment. :) I am writing your score this weekend.
JohnFP

Peace Within Reach

Post by JohnFP »

My take also. I did not want to comment on any contest holograms until the contest judging is over.