"Forever Friends"

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

"Forever Friends"

Post by dave battin »

heres another upload for the smaller size contest hologram.

The hologram “Forever Friends” is an Denisyuk DCG H2 shadow gram, it size is 3”x2 3/4” I found the color variation seen was due to the center of the hologram being a little to hot, for most holograms I would normally enlarge the diameter of the beam to even things out, with this variation it gives this image a primitive feeling . The film used to make both H1 andH2 was made by me and is a “green hologram” as the glass I used to seal and make the film was recycled (no not from old holograms), but from the salvation army where they are very happy to give me glass from there broken/chipped pictures for nothing. Just prior to the exposure I lightly touched the two friends to make sure they would appear as a black shadowy type images. Primarily meant for desk or table top viewing and includes a mahogany stand.
Tom B.

"Forever Friends"

Post by Tom B. »

Nice use of the technique! I have a few interesting objects in my collection that I've always had to regretfully pass over because
they were just too dark, and would look funny if painted. Maybe against a bright background they would work ...