"Happy Holo-dayz!"

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by dave battin »

“THE MASSAH “

This Multi color composite DCG hologram is @5”square and was done with a total two
exposures. Both images are H2s and were made using proximity masters (which Buy the way, took me two weeks to make!). Ill try to get up a video soon to show the movement, the frame is projected ¾” , so you need to view into the hologram and move around to see the little details in side, much like the old type viewing eggs.…..Please enjoy and Happy Holo-days to ALL !!
bernardb

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by bernardb »

Wow...eggccelent!

Very Very nice...

Bernard
JohnFP

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by JohnFP »

Excellent work Dave!!!
Dutchelm05

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Holy Moley,
That is awesome.
Happy Holidays Dave
JohnFP

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by JohnFP »

Hey Dave, this is just a thought. Couldn't you make two copies, one for each H1 and sandwich the two plates together in registration? Have you tried that. You may be able to do 4 colors, 2 colors on each plate. I don't think registration would be too difficult. And it could open some doors with one plate facing opposite the reference beam, or one image being pseudo.
dave battin

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:Hey Dave, this is just a thought. Couldn't you make two copies, one for each H1 and sandwich the two plates together in registration? Have you tried that.

Yes very good john, you have figured my secret to the making of the "Framed goddess" the one image (the frame) was very difficult to holograph, so to make things easier as you said, I put the two images on separate plates. This is still a difficult task as the films must be very clear and clean in order to achieve the best results. Please give it a try, you may process them differently to get a color variation in the two plates, to help shift the color, change you reference angle slightly between exposures............

JohnFP

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by JohnFP »

Hey Dave, again great work and what I am about to say surely does not negate your outstanding work or holograms. But I do have a few things to mention.

First, why was it a secret? Why not state that in the begining and let others benifit from it?

Second, this technique (sandwiching two plates) is something I realized was much easier to do then try to get the two colors on a single plate when it was first presented. If one of the images does not turn out the other good image is not compimised. I see not benifit of make two separate colored objects on one plate when there is an alternate and much easier technique.

Now what would be really cool, and I will be trying this after the first, is to get two different "colors" on one plate, but I will not be color shifting with swelling. I will be shooting on opposite sides of the plate to get a gold and white image, the white image being pseudoscopic. Then shoot a third image for blue. The hopes is to get a gold and blue ortho object and a white, pseudo image which will be floating in front of the plate following the viewer.

But the point is, with the two color on one plate technique you are performing along with a second plate sandwiched, one can actually get three colors...Yes?

Also, have you tried to shoot the same object with the color shifting swell method but painted parts of the object black and parts white for the first shot, then repaint the object's whites to black and blacks to white to get a single object that has two colors? I know this seems painstaking and registration would be more tedious but it could also be accomplished by using two idential objects painted oppositely and swapped out.

Just rambling on......

BTW, Peace and Happy Holidays!
dave battin

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by dave battin »

First, why was it a secret? Why not state that in the begining and let others benifit from it?

its not really a secret as i stated there a "composite hologam made with standard recipe". how could i have made this using a "standard recipe", but no one asked me, kinda like dont ask dont tell... if your a smart dcger you and others will figure this all out quickly ... the white /silver combo is a tough one as, thats the colors i wanted to make the "Massah" hologram, in the end I had to comprmise the colors to (silver and green). we need to talk more on this subject, lets start a "multi-color dcg thread", im a little buzy today , ill try to post more tonight.
JohnFP

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by JohnFP »

Maybe I didn't express my thoughts or feelings correctly.
kinda like dont ask dont tell
Really?
if your a smart dcger you and others will figure this all out quickly
This is my point exactly. Not eveyone is experienced and leaving assumptions in knowledge surely take quite a few out of the equation.
dave battin

"Happy Holo-dayz!"

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:Maybe I didn't express my thoughts or feelings correctly.
kinda like dont ask dont tell
Really?
if your a smart dcger you and others will figure this all out quickly
This is my point exactly. Not eveyone is experienced and leaving assumptions in knowledge surely take quite a few out of the equation.
In order to achieve good results one needs to have very good quality film making skills first. This is the progression of the good dcg holographer, as we talked about making”successful" holograms. Any one, who has not first honed their film making skills, is really "shooting from the hip" as far as results are concerned …….