recent DCG

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Joe Farina

recent DCG

Post by Joe Farina »

These are crude DCG holograms, no spatial filter was used, and the processing was sloppy, but they turned out bright. I did the coatings on 1/8 thick glass, and used 3/8 for the backing plate, so the total thickness is 1/2 inch (12mm). They can stand up by themselves (the edges are ground and polished). I'm still learning how to do this.

These were done on 3-30-200 film with Knox gelatin, exposed at 458nm.
Attachments
PC280078.JPG
PC280078.JPG (68.41 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Colin Kaminski

recent DCG

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Nice work Joe! It is good to see your holograms after all these years!

Is that woodgrain I notice or a reference beam artifact? What polarization did you choose?
dave battin

recent DCG

Post by dave battin »

nice job joe! its very satisfying to see your finished DCG holograms,as there was a lot of unseen work to acheive this ! very nice!
Joe Farina

recent DCG

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks Colin and Dave. The one on the right has a mild woodgrain (I don't think this is visible in the photo) and some very bad reference beam artifacts (which are clearly visible on both holograms). The one on the left had a frontal reference beam angle, which made for a rather uninteresting image (hardly any shadows) but it turned out brighter and more broadband, with no woodgrain. The beam angle was off to the side on the other one. (Both were from the same emulsion batch and had the same exposure and processing.) I don't know what the polarization was, I didn't even bother to check the spread beam with a white card (hence the swirls from the expanding lens). Once I get better with the processing, I can start to clean things up.
Dutchelm05

recent DCG

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Really excellent Joe,

Is this in natural lighting? If so it is extremely bright.

Tony
Joe Farina

recent DCG

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks, Tony. They were lit with a white LED.
MichaelH

recent DCG

Post by MichaelH »

Wow.