yesterday's DCG

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Dutchelm05

yesterday's DCG

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Hey Joe,

The room temp water, cool IPA seems contrary to cooler water warm IPA.
Since the goal is to rapidly shink the gelatin, why go this route?
Danny Bee wrote: I try to monitor the temperature of this water soak closely, a typical temperature would be around 23C
Can you elaborate more on this Joe? What have you found if the water temp varies a few degrees?
Also you said you may not fix at all, that is interesting. Many years ago I never fixed my film, but fought whitening all the time.
Thanks in advance,
Tony
Joe Farina

yesterday's DCG

Post by Joe Farina »

The choice is yours, Tony, you can use any combination of temperatures, the only thing that matters is the final result. Warm water/cool alcohol is contrary to cool water/warm alcohol. In fact, it's the exact opposite. As for the scientific explanations, I will defer those to someboby more knowledgeable than myself, as I would rather just approach the problem empirically. As for the temperature of the water soak, the warmer the temperature, the brighter, noisier, more broadband, and milkier the holograms become. The cooler the water soak, the dimmer, less noisy, more narrowband, and clearer the holograms become.
Danny Bee

yesterday's DCG

Post by Danny Bee »

Thanks Joe for the info
I learn DCG mostly from Dinesh which was the convetual cold water/hot Isopropyl last bath.
Alto his formula that I was using was figured for gold shot with blue/green argon. Now using this formula for green (532nm) worked very well for Denisyuk or 2 beam H1/H2, but not so well with 457nm (Denisyuk).
Now I can see how keeping the isopropyl baths cool for blue, because when working with 457nm you get a lot of noise in the layer… and keeping the isopropyl cool would sub-press that noise.
Now I tried your but with conventional processing …….. Using a cast of a wedge 0 to 30 microns of gel.
At 10 microns I got a bright image and then again 25-30 microns but with lots of noise and white.
So I tried 2 coats one 10microns and one 30 microns…… at 10 microns the image was too hard to control (hardness) in the conventional processing. At 30 microns I got image but lot of noise.
ImageImage
I will try your ideas
Dutchelm05

yesterday's DCG

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Danny Bee wrote:Now using this formula for green (532nm) worked very well for Denisyuk
Can you share what formula that is for 532nm Danny?
Thanks
Tony
Danny Bee

yesterday's DCG

Post by Danny Bee »

Dutchelm05 wrote:
Danny Bee wrote:Now using this formula for green (532nm) worked very well for Denisyuk
Can you share what formula that is for 532nm Danny?
Thanks
Tony
Hi Dutchelm05

I live not far from you ... i live in Visalia CA. :D

as not to take away from Joe's post i started a new thead in dcg DCG 101 :lol: