polaroid hologram copy

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

polaroid hologram copy

Post by dave battin »

making copies off these photopolymer hologram are a breeze. im actually doing a small production run of these. if any one wants to trade please pm me with your offers....

Pianomaxx

polaroid hologram copy

Post by Pianomaxx »

Hi Dave,

that Holo looks really amazingly bright! Could you please give some details: Is this the photopolymer hologram or an actually H1-H2-DCG-Copy ? Did you record the photopolymer hologram yourself or did you purchase it? I read that photopolymers need very high exposure energies.

best regards,
Pianomaxx
dave battin

polaroid hologram copy

Post by dave battin »

yes the pictures/video above is of a DCG copy i made off the original photopolylymer hologram.Most if not all the camera holograms were made to replay a goldish color,the one i have is an oddity as it "was too green". The nice folks at polaroid sent me this(many years back) as well as a number of other odd ball holograms for "educational purposes"......before the went defunked. :cry:
Sergio

polaroid hologram copy

Post by Sergio »

Really nice, I'm surprised about quality because the Polaroid hologram is monocromatic green, Dave have you the Skull Polaroid hologram?

Also some dupont PP "Izon" security holograms are monochromatic in green and red.. so may be in one step DCG clonning them.
Joe Farina

polaroid hologram copy

Post by Joe Farina »

Well done, Dave. It's always a pleasure to see a DCG hologram that's been properly finished. Nice clean edges where the gelatin was removed, ground edges on the glass, and an attractive wood base. (Woodworking also features prominently in the displays that I'm working on.)
dave battin

polaroid hologram copy

Post by dave battin »

thanks for the nice comments..... i want to start making/producing dcg holograms in a finished state,in order to bring my quality to a higher standard(practice makes perfection).i used to only scrape a small ammount along the edges, but in the end it still looked unfinished, so i ended up making a larger plate and scraping more from the edges giving it a framed look. the mohogany base has become a standard for me (if its a frameless hologram). i guess all the years in the optical shop came in handy after all :lol: