Beam me up

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Jeffrey Weil

Beam me up

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Holographers,

Not a lot of embossed stuff here so I thought I'd post this. Most of my stuff is security and I'm not so sure about posting it on the net, even the older jobs. But this defiantly does not fall into that category.

This is a 2d-3d/3d hybrid hologram. It has 2d-3d and 3d elements. Let me explain this a bit, its crazy.

This company had bought an old missile silo somewhere in the desert. They put an argon in the bottom, aimed it up, and were planing on selling time modulating the laser to send messages into space.

I know, don't say it.

That company were idiots but it did result in a fun hologram. They used it somehow in their marketing stuff.

Your looking down into the missile silo and that's the beam coming out of the doors and going off into space to talk to the aliens. I included the video so you can see the beam better. If you look at my hands and the stuff in the background you can get an idea of how bright it is.

This image is about 4 inches square. The surface is mostly 2d surface stuff. In real life the doors are a very nice steel gray at the right angle. The ground is sand yellow and the rings are nicely colored. It didn't record great in the photo. The beam is the same green....at that same angle. Behind that about ¼ inch is another 2d layer, the concentric octagon. Behind that another ¼ inch is the base of the green beam coming out through the center of the other layers and going about 3 inches into real space.

Not nearly close enough to reach the aliens.

Jeffrey Weil

beam me up.jpg
beam me up.jpg (139.17 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Jeffrey Weil

Beam me up

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

This is my first post in the gallery, sill figuring it out. Here's ,hopefully, a better post of the still shot.

Jeffrey Weil

beam me up2.jpg
beam me up2.jpg (104.81 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
dave battin

Beam me up

Post by dave battin »

shes a beauty ! can you give us any details?,what laser was used how, many exposuers ...

thanks for the post!
JohnFP

Beam me up

Post by JohnFP »

Not crazy if they made any money on it... Alien followers are just foaming at the mouth for stuff like this. So, give the people what they want.

So the Beatle's song was sent up long before NASSA's future plans?

Nice holo by the way!!!

I assume this was a mass produced hologram and thusly the "framing" with the doors was also mass produced. What were the doors made out of? Did they open and close?
Jeffrey Weil

Beam me up

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

I assume this was a mass produced hologram and thusly the "framing" with the doors was also mass produced. What were the doors made out of? Did they open and close?
COOL! Nope, thats just the art, flat on the surface. Just well placed shadows in the image. Photoshop is great!

Jeffrey Weil
Jeffrey Weil

Beam me up

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

shes a beauty ! can you give us any details?,what laser was used how, many exposuers ..."

WOW, I forgot what kind of forum this is! Your right, I should have posted the details with the image.

Its shot with a He/Cd. The foreground, surface, is from 3 color separated contact glass masks used to make 3 one step surface gratings. The 2d-3d concentric octagon is from flat artwork again. This time an h1 was made and transfered. Then the 3d beam of light is a model H1 and transfered. You can't see it here but theres also a laser viewable encrypted image with the companies initials. Thats a one step image.

So lets add that up.
red surface
green surface
blue surface
octagon h1
octagon transfer
light beam h1
light beam transfer
encrypted image

So its the end result of 8 exposures. The final hologram itself is on polyether with pressure sensitive adhesive. Standard stuff.

Jeffrey Weil