the latest set

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
d paul

the latest set

Post by d paul »

Hi
These were the best of the DCG's so far

This was the same recipe as before but I heated the plates after exposure for 90sec at 100c.cooled and processed as before . I got a lot brighter images this way.
Of course there about twenty or so plates that didn't make it, but a couple good ones make it worth while
rob
glajciorz

the latest set

Post by glajciorz »

Cute :D
Rob - you wrote you use 20mW 532nm laser. What kind ? A pointer ?
With or without temperature stabilization ?

greetings
Adam
d paul

the latest set

Post by d paul »

Hans it is a 20mw Microgreen which has aTEC
rob
JohnFP

the latest set

Post by JohnFP »

Nice Job, dpaul. Congratulations!!! Isn't it great to see a hologram come out on film you have made?

What coating technique are you using? And what temperature do you heat you emulsion to? The reason I ask the first is it looks like the film is a little thicker near the bottom in the first hologram. And the reason I ask the second question is, those little pits seen in the first hologram can be caused by heating the gelatin too high when making the emulsion.

Are you useing a hot air gun to do the final drying of you holograms (hair dryer)? Your second hologram looks like it has not been fully dried and is trying to come out nice and bright and gold. It seems goldish coming through on left of image with more red to the right. Anytime you see you hologram develop to a gold with redish parts, the reddish parts are not fully dried and the gold is fully dried. Continue to dry the hologram, with special attention paid to the red parts and they should turn gold also. It may take up to 10 minutes or so with some emulsions. I even see this with the girl also.

Feel free to e-mail me or post here with any help you may need or any questions. My door is always open.

John
d paul

the latest set

Post by d paul »

Hi John
Yes it is nice to get a good one from time to time. I've been mold coating the plates with tape strips laid out on some plate glass. The spots you see there are from bubbles caught as I put the plate down. I try to keep the temp at 40 cent. when I coat the plates, but too cold and the gel doesn't have enough time to spread out before it gels. I usually heat the plates up too(70-80c). What I do with the plates is ,once out of the 100% IPA, I let the alcohol evaporate off,then put them in a toaster oven set for 100-105c for at least 20-30 min. My wife has forbidden me to use the hair dryer after I lost the little nozzle thing at the end.
The funny color on the shell holo I think was due to me not cooling it evenly enough after I baked it pre-processing. When I went to using a tile stored in the freezer ,the problem went away. With the ones I 've been making, they seem to need at least 12 hours after I sensitze them to really reach their peak. Ones I use right away have a big decrease in sensitivity. I really do appreciate the help I get from all you fellows out there, I would still be stumbling in the dark(literally) without it.
rob
JohnFP

the latest set

Post by JohnFP »

Rob, thanks for the reply.