Eye of the tiger

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
JohnFP

Eye of the tiger

Post by JohnFP »

Nice hologram Danny.

So you used no post-exposure and pre-alcohol hardening? Non at all? So was the exposure sufficient enough with the water bath to remove all unexposed (orange) AmDi considering the age of the film?
Danny Bee

Eye of the tiger

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:Nice hologram Danny.

So you used no post-exposure and pre-alcohol hardening? Non at all? So was the exposure sufficient enough with the water bath to remove all unexposed (orange) AmDi considering the age of the film?
hi john
yes thats right....
JohnFP

Eye of the tiger

Post by JohnFP »

Cool, thanks!
JohnFP

Eye of the tiger

Post by JohnFP »

I see, and you have mentioned this a couple of times, that with the blue wavelength in which the DGC is more sensitive to , decrease AmDi concentrataion. This allows less post exposure hardening, allows more of the total AmDi to be converted during exposure and lastly and probably most importantly allows more light to pass through the hologram to illuminate the object and thus ultimately increasing the brightness of the object lighting.

I LIKE IT!!!

Tony, might be real nice to try this when you get your blue on line. :wink:
Danny Bee

Eye of the tiger

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:I see, and you have mentioned this a couple of times, that with the blue wavelength in which the DGC is more sensitive to , decrease AmDi concentrataion. This allows less post exposure hardening, allows more of the total AmDi to be converted during exposure and lastly and probably most importantly allows more light to pass through the hologram to illuminate the object and thus ultimately increasing the brightness of the object lighting.

I LIKE IT!!!

Tony, might be real nice to try this when you get your blue on line. :wink:
thanks john yes ive talked to tony on the phone... and he wants to try it...ive also tried this method of procecessing for green by using a weaker fixer and longer fixer times and only one min cold water rince
Dutchelm05

Eye of the tiger

Post by Dutchelm05 »

I attempted the set up that Danny discribed using my new MG 457nm laser

25sec exposure time (200mw)
dcg mix 1/13/100
First attempt was with film that was 5 hours old
Second attempt was with film that was 24 hours old

water rinse 1 min temp cold

iso 30% 90 degrees 15 sec
iso 70% 90 degrees 15 sec
iso 91% 90 degrees 15 sec
iso 100% 100 degrees 1.5 minutes

In each case the results was pretty heavy whitening.

The biggest difference being the iso bath temps and the 100% last iso bath. I don't know if this is the reason for the difference.

In all fairness however, I also tryed some plates with fixer and though not as much whitening, the results were not stellar.

If there is any feedback, I can retry this in the the weeks to come,
Tony
Danny Bee

Eye of the tiger

Post by Danny Bee »

if your plates are white after 24 hours then your coating is too thick.or the iso temp is too high, iso need to be 75-80deg........you can use fixer with the one mine method but it has to be deluted maybe down to paper streath 1:7 or it will be too hard for a one min rince
Last edited by Danny Bee on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchelm05

Eye of the tiger

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Danny Bee wrote: coating is too thick
Hey Danny, I used the Dave B mold process using 1 ply of tape. Does that sound about right?
Danny Bee

Eye of the tiger

Post by Danny Bee »

Dutchelm05 wrote:
Danny Bee wrote: coating is too thick
Hey Danny, I used the Dave B mold process using 1 ply of tape. Does that sound about right?
sounds like you iso temp is way too high....i made the same mistake the other day.. and got bad white plates
Dutchelm05

Eye of the tiger

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Danny Bee wrote:sounds like you iso temp is way too high....i made the same mistake the other day.. and got bad white plates
Ya I think you might be right. I'll will try that next week when I get back to the lab.
Thanks,
Tony