Tutankamon on Homebrew SHG

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Cristiano_Perrucci

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

Hi all,
here is a hologram made using homemade SHG. After many attemps using the Jeff's diffusion method, I finally decided to move toward the emulsion making art in order to get the most reproducible results and free of patch images.
This holo is a bit dim but depth is excellent (~5cm) as well as the image resolution.

Cristiano

Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Congratulations, Cristiano. I don't remember anyone posting a picture of a SHG hologram on this forum.

To me, SHG (or SHSG) has been the most tantalizing holographic material. It might enable DCG-like brightness, at silver speeds (and no printout like silver), and full-color potential (and without the bandwidth-broadening corcerns that DCG has, which would help the color rendition, and also reduce blurring for deep images). I say "might" because I've never actually seen one that can rival the brightness of DCG, although there have been claims in the literature. I have a Russian SHSG hologram that is bright, but not comparable to DCG.

Also, Congratulations regarding the homemade silver material. Can you share a few details about the type of emulsion and processing you used? I've looked into SHSG pretty throroughly, and did a few on PFG-03, and would be happy to share any information that I have, if it would help.