Coral Hologram

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Cristiano_Perrucci

Coral Hologram

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

glajciorz wrote:Thank you Alchemist :)
Which method do you use for coating your plates - mold-coating or veil-coating ?

greetings
Adam
Hi Adam,
I did both methods.

Cheers,
Cristiano
Hans

Coral Hologram

Post by Hans »

Wow, I'll give it a try over the weekend. Thank you Cristiano!!
Danny Bee

Coral Hologram

Post by Danny Bee »

- potassium iodide 3ml ??? is this from a 100ml mix, if so what is the percent potassium iodide in the mix of the 100ml?
Hans

Coral Hologram

Post by Hans »

Why is the Iodide used as well? Is this for better sensitivity or does it help keeping the grains small?

If you coat right after precipitation, will the (freezing/washing)*n steps still be necessary?

I read in Bjelkhagens book that the PFG makers freeze and wash the gelatin several times in order to increase the ratio silver/gelatin. I don't understand how this is possible. During every washing water is lost and a small amount of gelatin. But would not a nearly equal amount of AgBr grains leave the emulsion together with the amount of gelatin?

Or does gelatin that has AgBr adsorbed onto it more trouble with dissolving into cold water?
dave battin

Coral Hologram

Post by dave battin »

fantastic holograms cristiano ! as always your holograms are "top of the line"! an incentive to all ,to make thier own film .................
Hans

Coral Hologram

Post by Hans »

Cristiano, I noticed that in this recipe the ratio of gelatin/silver is 4:1.

Do your plates get black in the developer or do they stay sort of very transparent after development?
d paul

Coral Hologram

Post by d paul »

Hi
Iam glad you're continuing working on home-made plates. Your results are fantastic, and I had two questions.
1) Did you expect the blue color to your hologram; I ask this because it happens often to me,usually when the coating is on the thin side, and I really want to prevent it ,or at least correct it ,if possible( especially when I shoot Lippmann photos)
2) Why did you dip the plates in trieythyloamine? Was it to increase the speed of the plate or as a presoak for color control?

Itried out your formula lately, and it seems to work best using a bar wrapped with at least .041 wire; Any thing thinner, and there's not enough emulsion to develop out.
I also used PAAP developer and the new CHROMATE bleach that was mentioned here online a while back, and boy it worked out great, much better than the old gp-2
Keep up the good work
Rob