Please officer No Ticket

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Danny Bee

Please officer No Ticket

Post by Danny Bee »

DCG 45sec exposer 457 nm
film 2.5/12/100
process
1.15 min fix (1/7 fix/water)
1 min water rince
.5 min 35% iso
.5 min 75% iso
1.5 min 91% iso
hot air dry

i also have a 2 color of this that was done 457nm & 532nm that i will post later
Danny Bee

Please officer No Ticket

Post by Danny Bee »

Image this image does not display what you can see the hologram.
it is a 2 color wideband hologram
1 457nm 45 sec exposer then a 532 15min exposer. you can notice deeper reds and more contrast in the 3 medials copper/gold/silver

same processing as above... i will be trying this again.. maybe more narrow band
Joe Farina

Please officer No Ticket

Post by Joe Farina »

Danny Bee wrote:i will be trying this again.. maybe more narrow band
Fantastic job Danny, congratulations. I think that's a good idea to try narrowband. If you're doing an object with rather saturated colors (say for example blue and green), it would definitely produce better results going narrowband (assuming you could control the shrinkage of the final DCG layer). But since it's a metallic badge, it's hard to say what would look better, broadband or narrowband (assuming a two-color exposure at 457 and 532) or something in between. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your two-color work. By the way, this is the only kind of stuff you need to do to keep holography going strong :wink:
dave battin

Please officer No Ticket

Post by dave battin »

nice job on the badge hologram! danny what was the AMDI content you used in the two color holo?i see your backround is nice and clear, what was the method you used to clear up these backround areas?
Danny Bee

Please officer No Ticket

Post by Danny Bee »

dave battin wrote:nice job on the badge hologram! danny what was the AMDI content you used in the two color holo?i see your backround is nice and clear, what was the method you used to clear up these backround areas?
thanks David ,
2.5 grams AMDI

black velvet
Dutchelm05

Please officer No Ticket

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Outstanding Danny.
It is tough to balance the exposure between very shiny areas and non-shinny one such as lettering.
Hope the customer likes it as much as we do!