First H1 to H2

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Dutchelm05

First H1 to H2

Post by Dutchelm05 »

This is the first time I make a H1 hologram then make an H2 out of it.
H1 Hologram made as narrowband as I could
H1 Hologram made as narrowband as I could
H2.jpg (33.89 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
H2 Hologram
H2 Hologram
First H1 to H2.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
dave battin

First H1 to H2

Post by dave battin »

Fantastic Tony ! you are now hooked for life ! do you notice how much brighter the hologram H2 is? the noise level will increase as well , every time you replicate it (h1,h2,h3), it becomes noiser and brighter . you need to keep your master as narrowband/noise free as you can! great work tony ,can you tell us anything about making your DCG master?
Dutchelm05

First H1 to H2

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks Dave,
I took your advise (and others) in cooling the IPA baths and longer time in each.
I also added some side lighting which also helped brightening the H1.
Nothing else special I wanted to try a master for more pseudo color shots.

Speaking of which turned out OK, made a green and yellow one.
Will be posting a question in the DCG section soon
JohnFP

First H1 to H2

Post by JohnFP »

Nice job Tony, keep up the great work!
JohnFP

First H1 to H2

Post by JohnFP »

You know, it is really difficult to get the exact playback wavelength for your reflection H1, especially the narrower band it is. But you can slightly tilt the H1 in the copy set up to get it's maximum brightness if the playback wavelength is off a little.

Put the H1 in the laser light, flipped of course and try to look at it from the normal (perpendicular). Then slightly tilt the plate back and forth and side to side to find it's brightest replay. Then shoot at that angle... :wink:
Dutchelm05

First H1 to H2

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks for the advise John.
I know I have a ways to go, but baby steps man, baby steps :)
JohnFP

First H1 to H2

Post by JohnFP »

Dude, that is a baby step to increase brightness and so easy, thus the reason I suggested it.

You are further alone then you know. You're doing great!!! :D
Dutchelm05

First H1 to H2

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Understood John, that is an easy thing to do.
Appreciate your help
Tony
Danny Bee

First H1 to H2

Post by Danny Bee »

wow its mass production time cool! great Tony....
most of the noise will clear up as you clean up your layout in the h1 / h2 setup
like using black velvet behind your object both in h1 & h2 and razer blade triming off the edges.

was your mix 12% gel? if so might for masters bring it up to maybe 15% to make the contrast greater from the clear gel... just a thought.. also it would be a bit brighter because of more mirror stacks

you are so ready for production bro.... great Job:D
Dutchelm05

First H1 to H2

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Danny Bee wrote:was your mix 12% gel? if so might for masters bring it up to maybe 15% to make the contrast greater from the clear gel... just a thought.. also it would be a bit brighter because of more mirror stacks
Thanks Danny,
Yes it was 12%. I plan to coat tomorrow night, I will try higher concentration or a thicker coating on a couple of the plates and see what happens. I know it will alter my fix time but that's OK.
I am still a little confused on the mirror analogy, perhaps you can explain it more.