computer generated hologram

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

Hi,
Here’s my « Tractatus Holographis » I had a lot of fun making this synthetic hologram in 2005. After reading some old renaissance perspective treatises, and noticing the similarities between perspective and computer generated holography, I tried to simulate a fictitious 16th century treatise on CGH. The text is in french of that time. When the observer moves sideways, a page flip. All the content is computer graphics, no real objects were harmed in the making of this hologram.

You can see a few others on my website: http://www.i-jacques.com
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

Sorry, I got some kind of problem embedding the video from youtube. So you can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoPSNYdf5cY
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Your work is impressive! With this printing machine are you using an "analog" silver halide film or "digital" Photopolymer? What would be interesting is a proof copy concept using a small PP film with a small holo-photo-printing machine...
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

The hologram is on Slavich film. I remember that we tried photopolymer (6 or 7 years ago) when I was working on the development of the holographic imager at XYZ Imaging. Unfortunatly it wasn't sensitive enough for our pulsed lasers. It would be great to used photopolymer with a automated holographic printer since it would eliminate the messy chemical processing. I guess that sooner or later, we will see an "all optical" holographic imager.
HoloM

Post by HoloM »

Hi!
great!
Can this hologram be purchased anywhere?
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

HoloM wrote:Can this hologram be purchased anywhere?
Sure, I can sell it. Do you want one?
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Jacques wrote:
HoloM wrote:Can this hologram be purchased anywhere?
Sure, I can sell it. Do you want one?
I love yo buy one to show at the photography/holography class going on in visalia CA from Jan-feb 2009, on the last day is a gallery of holograms.
Guillermito

Post by Guillermito »

Très joli ! Beautiful hologram, for many reasons : technically (computer-generated and "printed", full-color), esthetically (meaningful animation, nice lettering and initials), culturally (fantastic mix of technologies from different centuries).

This technique is the future of holography anyway. I'm afraid that the good old monochromatic analog hologram is long dead, and we didn't even realize it.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Guillermito wrote:Très joli ! Beautiful hologram, for many reasons : technically (computer-generated and "printed", full-color), esthetically (meaningful animation, nice lettering and initials), culturally (fantastic mix of technologies from different centuries).

This technique is the future of holography anyway. I'm afraid that the good old monochromatic analog hologram is long dead, and we didn't even realize it.
very nice , but as long as the cost remains very high,and remain limited to only a few, the good old monochromatic analog hologram will be very much alive for some time to come
glajciorz

Post by glajciorz »

Guillermito wrote:I'm afraid that the good old monochromatic analog hologram is long dead, and we didn't even realize it.
Yeah, especially in this times when pulsed RGB lasers are cheaply available to hobbyists like us and it's really hard to get any holographic materials but panchromatic silver-based emulsions and extra-high-sensitive panchromatic photopolymers :lol:

greetings
Adam