"space angles"

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

"space angles"

Post by dave battin »

trying out the new table and set-up, i made this 8 inch square two color rainbow transmission hologram. shot with a 25 mw red diode laser each exposuer was @ 60 seconds or so. i'm still in the learing stages of the correct way to dry and mount larger holograms, i need to shoot this one , one more time without scratching it !

i am waiting for some curved glass ill be using as a film holder this should help to strech out my rainbow bands to provvide a wider rainbow band and better color separation.
JohnFP

"space angles"

Post by JohnFP »

Very Cool Dave!!!
dave battin

"space angles"

Post by dave battin »

thanks john, its been a long road and im finally getting results im happy with!
BobH

"space angles"

Post by BobH »

Nice image, Dave. Is using curved glass to spread out the colors your idea? I haven't heard of that one, and think it's a good idea. How much curve are you thinking?
Ed Wesly

"space angles"

Post by Ed Wesly »

Yes, usually the master is moved further away from the copy to get bigger "bands".
dave battin

"space angles"

Post by dave battin »

yes Ed you are correct, the larger the distance beteween master and the film plate the better, im kind of stuck in the past and forget my table is 10 feet long long now and not just 4' ! this was shot at a distance 9.5 inches w/the slit width @ 5mm.
many years back i tried the curved film plane it it helped quite a bit in the overall viewing color angle (up and down). Thanks Bob ,ideally (i think) it would be nice to have a radius of curviture match the distance beteween to slit and film plane ..........
i purchased a curved glass picture frame on the web and will see how well it works as a film holder (index matching),when it arrives.

my next project will be twice the size of this hologram (hopefully)
Tom B.

"space angles"

Post by Tom B. »

I like it! What are you using for film?
dave battin

"space angles"

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:I like it! What are you using for film?
thanks Tom, im using fuji film with d-19 developer and pyrochrome bleach(which is supposed to be used for reflection holograms!). i allow it to develope quite dark arround two/three min, wash and then into di water wash and the bleach until clear, and then fotoflo w/sponge wipe to dry. if the printout is heavy i just bleach again and it seems to do the trick!
Dutchelm05

"space angles"

Post by Dutchelm05 »

amazing Dave great work!
dave battin

"space angles"

Post by dave battin »

Thanks Tony, i am making a few extra copies of this one and will sell/trade for same ....if anyone wants to trade, PM me with your offers.(this hologram is 8"square)