Spatial Spirals" 2009

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Tom B.

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Tom B. »

Still sounds nerve-wracking to me :) Just for completeness, what brand/type of epoxy do you use? I expect some epoxies will be better than others as far as viscosity and bubbles go. I'm assuming a 2-part epoxy. Maybe a single component (heat cured) epoxy would work too, without destroying the hologram? Or maybe nowadays there are good UV activated resins less expensive than Norland...
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

while it is a big pain in it a** to apply, the benefits in the end are well worth it! this is the stuff im currently using

http://www.michaels.com/online/product/ ... gc0509.jpg

the speed of the cure is regulated by the amount of catalyst used. i never liked the UV curing stuff, due how thick (like syrup) and the toxic odor........
Dutchelm05

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Dave I haven't been to a computer lately that allowed me to see this video clip. This is dammed impresive! Truely a work of art.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Dutchelm05

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Dutchelm05 »

dave battin wrote:while it is a big pain in it a** to apply, the benefits in the end are well worth it! this is the stuff im currently using

http://www.michaels.com/online/product/ ... gc0509.jpg

the speed of the cure is regulated by the amount of catalyst used. i never liked the UV curing stuff, due how thick (like syrup) and the toxic odor........
Dave do you use this stuff on DCG as well? Can it be used to sandwich two pieces of glass or used with glass to plastic.

I had to show some friends this video, they were very impressed. Beautiful work again Dave!
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

Dutchelm05 wrote:Dave do you use this stuff on DCG as well? Can it be used to sandwich two pieces of glass or used with glass to plastic.
good question, i'm sealing some dcgs now and will give it a test/try and let you know how it comes out
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

Tony, thanks for the nice comments too ................