Spatial Spirals" 2009

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

11x14 inch white light transmission hologram made with fuji film. ill be entering this in a local art show. now i can put my efforts into sealing up the dcg contest holograms and sending them out ............
Attachments
smallfile.jpg
smallfile.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
Colin Kaminski

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Very nice. I hope you get a chance to post a movie. I would like to see that in perspective.
Kaveh

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Kaveh »

Looks great. But as Colin says it would be good to see in different perspectives. Are this spheres or circles? Rainbow?
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

will do as soon as i get it mounted onto a tri-pod ......it's a rainbow composition of circles with the center of the spirals projected outward .
thanks guys
rzeheb

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by rzeheb »

Beautiful. In my family my wife has always been the "artistic type" (she has been making Raku pottery for many years) and I have always been the scientific techno-geek. But, this holo art really talks to me; I suppose because it combines technology with artistic expression. Thanks for providing inspiration to persevere and for setting such a high bar. I, too, would add my voice to those waiting for the movie.
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

ok, its not exactly gallery lighting (bulb is only 22 inches away),but this will give you a better idea about its movements. when it gets into the gallery the lighting will be like 4-5 feet away making the projections much sharper .........

Tom B.

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Tom B. »

OMG! That's very pretty and interesting to look at too - man, you're on a roll!
Very clean once again - did you use an index matching fluid to reduce internal film reflections which
would cause woodgrain etc.?
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:did you use an index matching fluid to reduce internal film reflections which
would cause woodgrain etc.?
Thanks for the nice comments ,they restore my faith in the future of Analog Art Holography. Tom i always index match the film(s) when ever possible and finish mount with clear epoxy.
Tom B.

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by Tom B. »

<i always index match the film(s) when ever possible and finish mount with clear epoxy>

Re index matching, I expected so but wanted to mention it so others would see how important it is for clean results

Mounting with epoxy must be nerve-wracking. How do you prevent bubbles?

Long Live Analog Art Holography!
dave battin

Spatial Spirals" 2009

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:Mounting with epoxy must be nerve-wracking. How do you prevent bubbles?
the epoxy is mixed to allow plenty of time for the bubbles to rise to the top and be popped with a quick shot from the hot air dryer, then when applied to the glass, i make sure to place way more epoxy than needed to insure any possible bubbles will be pushed out when doing a final roll-over using my Brayer roller, it needs to be cleaned and rolled several times until cured ..............