"Aftershock"

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

"Aftershock"

Post by dave battin »

this 12"diameter rainbow hologram is named "Aftershock" as when the Holocenter gave me the glass blanks the newspaper it was wrapped in had the headline "Aftershock" from post 911 issues.....

Tom B.

"Aftershock"

Post by Tom B. »

Nice! Were the balls backlit discs of translucent glass?
The_Stranger

"Aftershock"

Post by The_Stranger »

Wow, I just noticed the youtube link, that really makes it clear how beautiful this hologram is, and quite artistic. I followed that youtube link and found your "spatial spirals", which, to be honest, I like even more. It is a nice step away from the "usual" statues and such. These also make for beautiful holo's, but this is just something different..

Again, wow...
dave battin

"Aftershock"

Post by dave battin »

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments, yes this is a "one step" hologram and the images were made from paper cut-outs and then backlit. When i recieved the glass i just had to fill it with more circles. I've since made three different sized pieces that are all at differing heights to be all viewed together .......
Dutchelm05

"Aftershock"

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Dave a thing of beuaty!
Please say you miss the days of mixing orange goop and breathing warm IPA????
JohnFP

"Aftershock"

Post by JohnFP »

Hey Dave, beautiful work as always.

Let me ask you a quesiton. Have you tried diplaying these as reflections by putting a mirror behind them?
dave battin

"Aftershock"

Post by dave battin »

yes tried it and they loose to much brilliance, i shoot these far off axis as to bring the hologram as close to the wall as possible (nearly edge lit),and yes im getting the itch for that multicolor DCG thing again...... :wall:

thanks too, John and Tony