Fuji film for Denisyuk single beam

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

I have working with fuji to make a good bright Denisyuk, and have come up with some bright holograms.
laser DPSS 532
exposer 3 sec
developer 1 min
bleach till clear then add one min
rince in h20
vitamin c bath 5% 2 mins
then air dry

Developer
potassium hydroxide 20
Ascorbic Acid 10g
metol 1g
Hydroquinune 1g
sodium Suphite 30g
h20 to make 1 L

bleach
Potassium Persulfate 10 grams
Sodium Bisulfate 10 grams
Potassium Bromide 20 grams
Cupric Bromide 1 gram
Metol (- add last ! -) 1 gram
h20 to make 1 L

2 things to note here about fuji it has a dye (cyan) in the gel which is not related to the silver.... it might be use as a blocker or a contrast mask.
also on the front of the film is a gel coating to which if the hologram is not paint on the back (if used as a display hologram) will give off noise but can be removed with household bleach ther by removing the noise. it also makes the hologram a bit cleaner a brighter by removing it.
Attachments
2010-05-14 20-21-46.900.jpg
2010-05-14 20-21-46.900.jpg (155.12 KiB) Viewed 8664 times
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Danny Bee wrote:I
also on the front of the film is a gel coating to which if the hologram is not paint on the back (if used as a display hologram) will give off noise but can be removed with household bleach ther by removing the noise. it also makes the hologram a bit cleaner a brighter by removing it.
Yes, this was to prevent film curl - with gelatin on both sides of the plastic, it should curl much less with humidity. I thought it was a great idea, until I realized how difficult it was to cleanly squeegee BOTH sides - and the scattering problems you mention. It's too bad - film curl is a real pain, but this is too.

And that cyan dye really cut down the red light making decent red Denisyuks difficult. (I speak in the past tense because Fuji gave up on this product as far as I know)
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Tom B. wrote:
Danny Bee wrote:I
Yes, this was to prevent film curl - with gelatin on both sides of the plastic, it should curl much less with humidity. I thought it was a great idea, until I realized how difficult it was to cleanly squeegee BOTH sides - and the scattering problems you mention. It's too bad - film curl is a real pain, but this is too.

And that cyan dye really cut down the red light making decent red Denisyuks difficult. (I speak in the past tense because Fuji gave up on this product as far as I know)
because the dye is in the gel not conected to the silver wonder if it can be remove with Ethyl Alcohol?
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

hummm i soaked it in Ethyl Alcohol, the dye seem to be ph sensitive, when i soak it Ethyl Alcohol it changes to a magenta! hummm wonder if presoak and drying before doing red Denisyuks would help