deep hologram Denisyuk-How was it done?

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

By the way, once the beam is split, it's no longer a "Denisyuk" hologram. It's a "split-beam" system, regardless of the technique used to split the beam.
Well, I will have to say that for sure it is not a Denisyuk as that IS a specific type of hologram. But I would be willing to dialog that, interchanging Denisyuk with Single Beam. Because really there are not SB holograms, it's impossible. Whether the plate, BS or other optic is used the beam eventually HAS to be split somewhere. :think: :wink: :lol:
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

BobH wrote:I have to say I see no significant difference between what Danny did and what John did. Spatial beamsplitting, variable attenuation of one of the beams. Only the means for the variable attenuation is different, and there are trade-offs for both methods. John's approach, as he said, compensates for the nonuniformity of the beam being attenuated. Danny's reference beam attenuator results in variable polarization of the object beam, changing the "look" of the object regarding highlights. Not an issue if all you do is completely diffuse imagery, but still a limitation. Both are good ways to deal with the down-side of spatial beamsplitting.

By the way, once the beam is split, it's no longer a "Denisyuk" hologram. It's a "split-beam" system, regardless of the technique used to split the beam.
Well any one can split hair's here, I will let you guys dote the i's and cross the T's but that's not my reason for doing this but to provide a easier way to control and come up with good h1 and h2... just wait till Dave and I complete our paper, its a very versatile setup and more control and can be done on a very small table, in the paper I well also tell you where to get everything to do it. It will be good for schools and ones that want more control over Denisyuk but not have the table space or room.
BobH

Post by BobH »

JohnFP wrote:
Well, I will have to say that for sure it is not a Denisyuk as that IS a specific type of hologram. But I would be willing to dialog that, interchanging Denisyuk with Single Beam. Because really there are not SB holograms, it's impossible. Whether the plate, BS or other optic is used the beam eventually HAS to be split somewhere. :think: :wink: :lol:
I'd propose that an in-line Fraunhofer hologram is "single beam". There's no beamsplitting, just diffraction off the image (usually particles). :hand: :)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Of course I had to look that up as I ad no idea what it was and WOW, neat stuff. This is just two linksI found, but I read quite a few more to try to understand how it works.

Page 24
http://books.google.com/books?id=tatDuL ... am&f=false

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/purl.cover.j ... bviewable/
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Well any one can split hair's here, I will let you guys dote the i's and cross the T's but that's not my reason for doing this but to provide a easier way to control and come up with good h1 and h2... just wait till Dave and I complete our paper, its a very versatile setup and more control and can be done on a very small table, in the paper I well also tell you where to get everything to do it. It will be good for schools and ones that want more control over Denisyuk but not have the table space or room.
That's awsome!!!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:
Agreed, this is not a Denisyuk configuration! Sorry John if i came across in a cynical way, it's the old age showing! so getting back to the posting here, the idea is not really new its just no one thought totally thru. It's more like a technique of doing it differently. I know with out even running a test, this system will be great for its purpose, no longer will a complex set up needed in order to make bright deep H1 SBR ..............