deep hologram Denisyuk-How was it done?

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

you almost have it , just index the attenuator directly to the film or have the attenuator mounted on glass and then simply index your film to it! another option could be to use a polarising sheet as the films crarrier then adjust polarisation to change ratios ! this should work nicely to do transmission holograms as well !
nice job Danny, i can tell you had your thinking cap on for this one! :lol:
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

If you use this Technique please call it (CAB " Contact Attenuated Bypass ") Its my contribution to the world of holography :angel:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Very cool, Danny. Ratio control in a Denisyuk configuration!
I have wondered what a polarizer might do on the object side of the emulsion, by screening out rotated polarizations, but I never got to that experiment...
Excellent development! It should go in a book... anyone writing anymore?
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Jeffrey wrote:Very cool, Danny. Ratio control in a Denisyuk configuration!
I have wondered what a polarizer might do on the object side of the emulsion, by screening out rotated polarizations, but I never got to that experiment...
Attenuating with a polarizer works very well, this might lead to the development of a Holo-Obsura for schools and colleges and is being presently work on :dance:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have seen a diagram like Salvee's in Edition 3 of Practical Holography. Nice hologram Danny!
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Jeffrey wrote:Very cool, Danny. Ratio control in a Denisyuk configuration!
Dave and I are writing a paper on this for SPIE :D , finally got something good to write a paper on :wall:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The diagram I was remembering is on page 126 of Saxby's Third Edition but it is for singlebeam H1 to H2 transfers.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Colin Kaminski wrote:The diagram I was remembering is on page 126 of Saxby's Third Edition but it is for singlebeam H1 to H2 transfers.
thanks colins yes the only thing that has not been tried which make this a good paper, one is that the controlling method is in contact with the plate and we worked out setup using a polarizer filter and a 1/2 wave plate in the setup.....for both h1 and and using that hologram in the same setup to make a h2 refection.

we hope to have this ready for next years SPIE at San Jose
BobH

Post by BobH »

I have to say I see this same technique in Saxby's Second Edition on page 127, under "Reflection Master Holograms", and he references Hans Bjelkhagen from 1977 and Nils Abramson. :?
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

BobH wrote:I have to say I see this same technique in Saxby's Second Edition on page 127, under "Reflection Master Holograms", and he references Hans Bjelkhagen from 1977 and Nils Abramson. :?
No Bob its not totally the same, I ask Dinesh if this would make a good paper and if our application has been tried before... he said it would make a good paper .... , some have thought about it but never written on it, are's is taking the same concept but taking it beyond that point, and doing the testing with a p-filter in contact with the plate. it will benefit the holo community greatly