Firsts Casio diode hologram @ 445nm

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

The holo-gods are smiling down on our little planet today as we are now blessed with a blue laser the easly makes holograms 8 inches deep ( and soon to be more)!
:dance:

The light that illuminates the inside pyramid is the second shot and this light is bounced back off the mirror on the right side, meaning this laser is putting out 8 or more inches of coherent length!

This is a simple one beam transmission shot using fuji film with a 10 second exposuer. sorry for the poor photo as i took the picture while the emulsion was still wet , as i was kinda pissing in my pants to show you all!............... :lol:
Attachments
second casio hologram by D A Battin
second casio hologram by D A Battin
CIMG7000.JPG (202.36 KiB) Viewed 10771 times
set up for one beam casio hologram july27 2010
set up for one beam casio hologram july27 2010
CIMG7003.JPG (217.64 KiB) Viewed 10771 times
first casio diode hologram by D A Battin
first casio diode hologram by D A Battin
CIMG7002.JPG (226.22 KiB) Viewed 10765 times
Last edited by dave battin on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Nice! Can you show the laser? How was it set up?
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Congratulations! In the second picture the transmission holo was being lit by the Casio laser?
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:Congratulations! In the second picture the transmission holo was being lit by the Casio laser?
yes correct Tom
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i have just shot a 15 second exposure to reconfirm this laser's ability to make a hologram, and as it turns out, it's not a dream at all!( i was up till 3AM testing last night), this time the pyramid was placed even deeper in the scene. The coherent length of these diodes appears to be quite long, but i don’t want to get into that now, I’m just glad it makes a hologram! :pray:
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

dave battin wrote:The holo-gods are smiling down on our little planet today
Maybe this warrants a trip to Stonehenge?

Nice job, Mr. Dave, thanks for running these tests. Looks like quite a few people are hard at work with these diodes for holography, in free-running mode and ECDL. Things are looking promising.
a_k

Post by a_k »

Congrats Dave. This is the first hologram i saw made with these LDs. Now it is a fact that they can be used for recording and not just a hope anymore.

Ahmet
emf

Post by emf »

Nice work! I can't wait to see how these little diodes fare at DCG.
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Great work Dave.
Do you plan to try it on DCG??
T
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Fifteen seconds is going to be plenty of time to get some decent-sized DCG holograms at 445nm. But, I agree, it would be nice to see a simple Denisyuk DCG hologram. At that wavelength, really small quantities of ammonium dichromate are adequate, and in fact preferable. All that's needed is Knox gelatin from the grocery store and a little dichromate :dance: