Holograms Get Art "Talking"

Have a great holography link? Post it here so we can all use it.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

if im correct this is not a hologram but Lenticular lcd monitor screen
http://www.reviewspring.com/3d-lcd-monitors-a80.php
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

Both the Associated Press and National Geographic refer to holograms. Since a two minute clip can't show you all sixty-two works of art on display and the video clip refers to "computer animation and holograms" I believe there are some holograms based on the two reputable news sources.

Unless of course there is something lost in the translation between Korean and English. Somebody who knows Korean can probably find more information on the exhibit.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

In Korea right now are a lot of Lenticular lcd monitor 3d displays technologies being use... the word "Hologram" is being very loosely used here. They have 2 type their both using lcd screens ... but one is using a interlaced R & L polarizer matrices in front of the screen needing glass to view... and the second using Lenticular lens for R & L .... they use a very high-def and a very fine Lenticular screen in front of the monitor…. :D

I don’t mean to disillusion you.. :oops: But I don’t think that technologies is there yet… they have many things to overcome before we will see a true Holographic Monitor
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

Danny Bee wrote:In Korea right now are a lot of Lenticular lcd monitor 3d displays technologies being use...
When you look at monuments with faces like the statue of liberty and Mount Rushmore, does it convince you the face on Mars is a man-made monument? So I don't think arguing that a monitor that seems ubiquitous proves every monitor that is similar is the same.

I searched the web for Korean holographic technology and I found this:
http://www.kdcstaffs.com/it/main_view.p ... d=hologram
3DRC in Kwangwoon University also developed an incoherent holographic video system using a modified triangular interferometer. In this system, complex holograms without bias and conjugate images for 3D objects can be obtained by controlling the combination of wave plates and, through optical reconstruction of this complex hologram by a modified Mach- Zehnder interferometer, 3D images can be viewed.